News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Please help! Lighted coaches.

Started by MidLifeMadness, January 28, 2015, 12:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidLifeMadness

I'm new and I feel apologetic to have to ask this as my first question:  I bought a lighted coach on ebay because it matches my Mountaineer train set.  The seller said it was C-7, so dummy me took his listing at face value and bid $38 on the car.

The car does not have a battery compartment. There's no power for the lights.  There's lights with a wire hanging down. The seller insists that's the normal way that Bachmann sells their passenger cars.  He says that the battery compartment is an option available on a few models, but most come with just the wire hanging down.  I called Bachmann and got a really nice guy in the customer service department who said that all the passenger cars are sold with battery compartments and what the seller is telling me is not correct.

How can I document that what Bachmann says is true, because the seller insists the Bachmann customer service person is not correct.  I need to know so I can have ebay help me with this.

The seller already lied about the shipping because he sent the car via USPS package services and told ebay it was priority mail as stated in his listing.  When I asked him about it he said the post office just puts whatever service on the packages depending on weight and he never knows what it is.  So I don't trust him at all.  Please help if you can and I'm sorry to have to ask!!

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,  did it come in the box, if so what is the Bachman number on the box, does the car have metal wheels? Metal handrails?? .  Passenger cars were produced in two versions. One version has the battery box attached to the underframe, others were made to light up using the track power.  The wires were connected to wipers that brought power from the wheels up to the lights.  Bachmann never made one with the wire or wires hanging down.
There is nothing normal about wires hanging down. The car if as you describe is not complete as manufactured.   Bachmann Customer  Service is correct. File a formal complaint and cite the customer service and this email.  The postage part should be easy for Ebay to see.  All you can do is lose.   If you don't file a complaint you will lose anyway.  In the future ask many questions Ask specifically if the lighting actually works. 

Baggage cars had no lights, combines, coaches and observation cars were made both ways, with battery boxes and also with track power.  If your car has metal handrails it is  track power, if plastic handrails it should have the battery box.

Good Luck

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

MidLifeMadness

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!