News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Help!

Started by Fxguy1, January 28, 2015, 10:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fxguy1

My TCS T1 Decoder arrived today and I installed it into my Walthers Trainline GP9 according to the pictures on the site and the wiring diagram. I hooked up my Dynamis EZ Command and nothing. The handset signal meter shows nothing and the left hand LED on the Command Station is solid green and the right hand intermittently flashes orange. I disconnected the Dynamis and hooked my old non-dcc power pack up and the loco works fine, so I don't believe its the decoder or the installation.

Anything I can try to troubleshoot? Not sure if the Command Station isn't working or if the controller may not be working properly.

Thanks for the help!

Fxguy1

So can someone please at least point me in the right direction? My Bachmann Dynamis system doesn't seem to work. As mentioned, the green LED flashes and the orange flashes intermittently. Isnt the green supposed to be solid? I'm trying to determine if it is the controller or the command box that is the problem. The controller shows no signal at all. So does the controller signal display the strength of the signal received from the controller box?

Bucksco

It may sound simplistic but try changing out the batteries in the handheld. If this doesn't solve the issue give the service department a call at (215)533-1600 and ask for Rodney.

Hareeiharan

Hi everyone,

I bought a Dynamis EZ command controller, it doesn't work at all. On station, the Green LED is stable, from the handheld device no signal is shown. But it comes and goes. For few minutes (hardly 5 or less minutes) it made my Bachmann DCC locomotive move few inches, and then I never saw the signal back. It's more than a month now and I'm still unable to get it up for running. Few modelling people are saying my decision buying Dynamis is a mistake, where I don't agree that. What could be the problem? Can anyone suggest me something to make my device work. Please

Bucksco

AGSB

The green LED is on steady - that means your command station has power.
The orange LED flashes periodically - that means your command station is receiving signals from the handset.

You state that you can run the engine on DC. I am not familiar with TSC decoders so check that there is not a dummy plug in the decoder to allow DC operation. Dynamis will not operate DC engines.

Have you added the engine to your roster in the handset and are you addressing the proper engine?

Do other DCC engines operate correctly?

Just firing out questions here to try and isolate the problem.

Len

Have you tried a factory reset on the decoder? Set CV8 to 8 and that will restore the factory defaults, including setting the address to 3.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Hareeiharan

@ Len; Yes I tried factory resetting. nothing happened.

@ AGSB : For your questions, I have only two engines enabled with DCC. So I it's a plain fact I should not have a complication with addresses. but for further clarification, I factory reset the handset and tried on the factory default operation with only one engine. the result is the same. my hand held device is not showing signals. (I hope you understand what I mean. the signal bars on the top right hand corner of the hand held device's screen) I guess, no signals getting transmitted from the handheld device.

to your question, "DO DCC ENGINES OPERATE CORRECTLY?", I want to throw another question to you,  how can anyone check the engine with a complain where commander is not working? :P

The commander shows a stable GREEN, but orange never pops. once or twice it poped and engine gave vibrations, but even before throttling signal goes off and all come to a halt. the major problem I have to be clarified is, "WHY THE SIGNAL BARS ARE NOT SHOWN ON THE HANDHELD?" but when I switch OFF and ON, I see the bars, but they immediately drops down n then no signal. :(

AGSB

I asked the question because you muddled your question with mentioning the TSC decoder. You also never mentioned how many engines you had and when the last time everything worked. We are not mind readers.

Fxguy1

I called Bachmann's support line and was told that this was a known issue and to try it on a different circuit, one without fluorescent lighting on it. I already have no fluorescent lighting in the basement and was told to try on a circuit all it's own due to something called "dirty" electricity?

Needless to say I'm disappointed with the Dynamis. As Hareeiharan said, how can I test the loco is wired correctly for DCC with the TSC decoder if this is the only DCC controller I have available to me?

It runs fine with the TSC decoder installed but using the DC Power pack I was originally using. I've tried a factory reset and using two different LED receivers on the pro box.

I'm not exactly getting a solid green light, more a flashing green light on the box. Signal meter on the handheld is completely blank.

Len

This sounds like you've got a bad Dynamis.

Do you have a friend with a DCC layout? If so, try the loco there. If it works, your Dynamis needs to go to Bachmann Service.

Len

Hareeiharan

Thank you guys for your replies.

I bought my Dynamis from Amazon, if I am to send back the items to Bachmann, what is the process? If anyone knows, please notify me. Bachmann doesn't have a working help line I suppose. Never my calls were responded ???

Thank you.

Len

Contact info for the Service Dept is here: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

Did you try clicking the button and filling out the "Repair Request" form?

Len