News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DCC Turntable

Started by tigerthelion, January 29, 2015, 06:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerthelion

Howdy!

I recently acquired the Dynamis and DCC turntable. Is it best to use the table as an accessory address, or normal address? Thanks!

Hunt

Assuming you  have the Bachmann turntable with a Bachmann decoder installed ---

View the turntable as a locomotive for assigning its address. Use the direction control and speed control to position it.

radel57

I aready try that. The turntable just does not move at all on dcc. I have the speed on my NCE uop to 28. If I go and touch on the 4 track connection it moves a little then stop, I heve to touch on one of the rail on the track (#4) and it moves a little. I had connect the DCC straight to to # 4 rail and it does not move. II had place it back to DC and it works. I'm hope that I can run DC to turn the table and DCC to run power to the track. I hope that is nothing wrong with the track?

radel57

I had installed the Bachmann decoder # 44926, also the DCC power is to the # 4 track. My DCC system is bran new- NCE Power Cab. I have follow this instruction, and there nothing on DCC. I'm not doing the same thing the guy on youtube, i'm not buying the E-Z Command control. What ever happens  NMRA standard?

radel57

Hi, I need help from somebody outhere that has had succes making the Bachmann DCC turntable to work with an NCE power Cap or MCR. I alrady know that the table works on DCC if is connected to the Bachman system. Connecting the decoder and power the # 4 track, and using NCE or MRC does the table works. My only works at DC and not with my NCE system? I had place  Bachmann decoder, power the # 4 track, there is nothing on my tracks except the table. I call loco 003, then nothing happens it is like nothing is connected to the table?

bapguy

Did you change the address on the decoder? If not try 03 on the NCE system. NCE uses both 03 and 003. Not the same address.  Joe

radel57

bapguy,

Yes I did, I try 03, 003, and 3, nothing works. I had reset cv8 to 8, which will reset to address 3. I'm not sure why it does not react to the command? Or does not want to communicate to the NCE Power Cab? This is a brand new table, new decoder (44926), and new NCE.

Jerrys HO

I have one and if I read your post correctly, you stated it worked when you pressed on the #4 track that supplies power to the tt. If this is the case it sounds like it is not level. They are difficult to get level no matter what so I cut a piece of plywood the shape of the tt base and pre drilled holes between each index track the countersunk the top enough to fit a beveled screw to conceal the screw as much as possible. This helps to adjust the tt as you can tighten or loosen the screw as needed to get each track operable.
By you pressing on the #4 track it feeds the DCC power to the tt which it needs to operate it. Test by holding the track to where it works and when it stops press on the trackage nearest the direction it's heading without releasing the #4 track. You may need someone operating the tt to do this.

radel57

Jerrys,

I actually pull the table out. Now I have it wired stray to the NCE Power Cab. I did at one time see the motor spinning in a jerky motion. Like it will turn a half a turn then stop, the when I had push one rail then it turn for another half a turn. I then pull the table out of the layout and using a jumper wires I have it connected to the Power Cab. I'm convince that this table only runs DCC if it connected to the Bachmann system only. This is just like a bate on the hook. I'm just going to run the table using DC.