Spectrum HO Scale 2-10-0 Russian Decapod Steam locomotive

Started by amarzulli, January 31, 2015, 01:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amarzulli

Where and how do I add a DCC Decoder to this Engine/Tender?

ACY

Quote from: rogertra on January 31, 2015, 01:54:19 PM
Open the tender and plug a DCC decoder into the socket.
I don't think the first run of the decapods were DCC ready, however all later runs were DCC ready and the last run came with DCC and sound. But still pretty simple if it was the first run, just open the tender and soldier the wires from the decoder and you are done.

amarzulli

This seems to be my problem.  The wheels do not unscrew and the tender seems to be sealed.

ACY

Quote from: amarzulli on January 31, 2015, 02:48:11 PM
This seems to be my problem.  The wheels do not unscrew and the tender seems to be sealed.
There are one or two small screws in the bottom of the tender, not the screws that hold on the trucks if there are any. After removing the screws in the tender floor the shell just comes off pretty easy. I could show you exactly but I haven't much free time to dig for my Erie decapods in order to show you the exact location of the screws you need to remove. All I can say is look on the bottom of the tender for 1 or 2 small holes with screws.

rogertra

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H817X-IS001.PDF

This diagram shows you where the screw to undo the tender body is located.  At the front end of the tender, just in front of the truck screw is another screw.  That's the one you undo.  Don't lose it like I did.   :)

Cheers

Roger T.