News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Layout Photos!! (Finally!)

Started by PRRThomas11, October 26, 2007, 06:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRRThomas11

I finally got pictures of my layout up!!! It isnt finished so dont be disappointed by the look. I know this should be on the N-scale forum, but oh well here it is.

Im making my layout from the Woodland Scenics N-scale Scenic Ridge Layout Kit. It is 3 feet by 6 feet and is made from the subterrain system.

As you can see it still nedds a lot of work. It needs paint, ballast, grass, and a little cleaning too.

Heres my locomotives (from the right down):Erie Alco PA/PB Bachmann Jupiter, EL F3, AT&SF Tank, Sesquehanna Alco RS-1, Santa Fe GP ? (My first engine), the superbowl express engine,Bachmann AT&SF 4-8-4, CSX B30-7, Pennsy Pacific, PCM Pennsy E8, Santa Fe FTs (powered and dummy) Bachman Brill Trolley, EL RS-3, and THOMAS!!

Heres my Japanise N scale Thomas.

Special Thanks to Corrie Thompson for this one.

Well here it is and i hope you like it. I look foreward to your comments.  ;)

P.S. You can make the pictures bigger by clicking on them.

PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Guilford Guy

Good Start. Its actually an FA-1 not a PA. Ithink the aTSF GP is either a GP40 or a GP38.
Looks like you have a lot of good locos(PCM E8, 4-6-2, RS1) and a few starter set not so great but still nice ones (the other steamers, the F3, the GP, the F7's, the trolley, and the superbowl loco.) Anyways, good start.
Alex

PRRThomas11

Thanks, I couldn't remember the name of the FA-1so i said the closest thing. The way my camera takes pictures doesnt realy look to good with the flash. The trains look better in person.
By the way, every time I do something new I'll post the pics on this topic. ;D

Mr Tickle

That looks pretty brilliant, I didn't know you could buy layout kits like that! May I ask how much it cost? ???

The Chaz Storm

Not bad, are you going to get Percy, Henry, and James for your N scale layout too?

PRRThomas11

Quote from: martin2345uk on October 27, 2007, 01:10:43 PM
That looks pretty brilliant, I didn't know you could buy layout kits like that! May I ask how much it cost? ???
You can usually find them for about $300. You can go to http://woodlandscenics.com and look at the layout kits.

Quote from: Chaz the Charizard on October 27, 2007, 01:51:28 PM
Not bad, are you going to get Percy, Henry, and James for your N scale layout too?
Yes I am going to get the other sets. I need to do a little more work on the layout until i get something new.

Thanks for your coments guys. Corrie what do you think?

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

PRRThomas11

Michael

Quote from: martin2345uk on October 27, 2007, 01:10:43 PM
Total of making this layout would cost ...
track pack- $82.50
kit for layout:$498
Buildings: $198
reference from waltehrs.com

PRRThomas11

Actually, Woodland Scenics sells the kit for $300, the building se is only $70 at http://blwnscale.com and I used flex track and saved some money (although I bought it after I got the track pack which didn't work too well).

Corrie Thompson

Well since I have been away for a while I haven't seen this.  1. 3 of the pics don't show up on my computer.  2. Can you post more picks of your Thomas?  It may sound like I am beging negitive but I am really impressed.  Good job. ;)

PRRThomas11

Thanks. I dont know why the pics dont show up but go on imageshack.com and search PRRThomas11.