News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track for G Gague repair

Started by mp49kraig, February 03, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mp49kraig

I have a G gauge locomotive I would like to repair it. Is there a track I can buy so I can test it? I am a novice at this so I am not sure what it is called but I have seen it in a repair shop when I had it fixed. I don't want to have to send it to Bachmann Industries. PA

armorsmith

Kraig - I would suggest that a simple straight section of track, manufacturer is irrelevant would support the repair of your locomotive. The addition of a set of rollers (available here in the Bachmann store) would be a nice, but not necessary, addition. For testing, a standard starter set power pack should suffice, but a higher caliber pack would also be a plus. For reference I use two three foot sections of AristoCraft brass track, an AristoCraft power pack from a Sesame Street starter set, and I did invest in a set or Bachmann Rollers. Hope this will get you on your way.
Bob C.

mp49kraig

Thanks for the help. It would be nice to get the train running again. I have it on a suspended track from the ceiling so I don't have to wait for the weather to clear. Kraig