News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

D&RGW and RGS Rolling Stock

Started by Tomcat, October 27, 2007, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Hi there!

Following the RGS practice to re-use the old C&S Stock Cars, why don´t you think about adding some more accurate RGS and D&RGW Rolling Stock to your catalogue?

Well, Colorado has been always popular and probably will always be. Yet there are only San Juan on the Market with ready to run models, soon there will be Accucraft - Bachmann please take your chance: We Rio Grande Freaks would get enthusiastic about some "real" DRGW prototypical Rolling Stock...

Kind regards, Tom

Royce Wilson

If Bachmann had made the same stuff in On30 that was made in large scale,that would be fantastic!.
                                                         Royce ;D ;D ;D

Tomcat

Yeah. That would make my day - to hear that Bachmann is going to do some of their Big Scale Rolling Stock in On30 (DRGW, RGS...) plus (I´m dreaming, I know...) a "modern" three truck Shay in On30...

That´ll be the day...
Hopefully, not only for me... :D :D :D

Tom

Woody Elmore

I have a Grandt Line C&S stock car in On3. It is very big compared to the Bachmann rolling stock.

Royce Wilson

Don't take me wrong. I am very thankful for the stuff that Bachmann has produced.
The mogul alone made my day when it came out. prior to that ,the only choice you had if you wanted a C&S mogul was to scratch build or buy expensive brass.             Royce

Tomcat

Definitely agree Royce, the No.22 C&S Mogul was actually the Loco that brought me to On30. Added Sound and enjoyed. She´s still a beauty and fun to have.

I just bought some On3 D&RGW and RGS Stuff which I´m converting to On30, and right - they are bigger than Bachmann´s, but its not too bad.
Have converted some Bachmann Cars to have a bigger fleet of DRGW/RGS with just a bit of work, they look great.

Well, no question we all should thank Bachmann to give us all this big start.
Without them, there won´t be On30 (or better: affordable O-Scale N.G)

Take care!
Tom

Chatzi473

yeah i would like more Rio Grande and other Colorado Narrow Gauge stuff. i know there are other comanies that make Rio Grande 0n30 stuff but i am in college and can not aford a $400+ engines. More rolling stock would be nice too, How about a long caboose?

I do not think BLT make the c-16s anymore so it would be nice to see bachmann make some. The D&RG also had the T-12 4-6-0s those would be nice to see too

Ken

Taking a look at 2½ ft gauge car deminsion's of equipment operated
on the FCA&B.  1918 equipment plans, before FCA&B was converted to meter gauge. (1929)

Freight                      Average length 33ft to 36 ft
                                       width    8ft 2in to 8ft 8in
                                      height   10ft 6in Boxcars
   Passenger                 Length 49ft
                                     Width     9ft
                                     Height  12ft

The FCAB hauled upwards of  2,000,000 T/Y  on 2½ft gauge, with truck exchange for the meter gauge cars of the FCB. (car deminsions  are the
same)

FCM  "Mexicano", for hauling behind the 2-8-0<G>.

Boxcars      Length   30ft
                    Width       7ft 5in
                    Height    10ft  10in

FCA&B  Antofagasta (Chile) & Bolivia
  FCB      Bolivia

Feel free to run 3ft gauge cars behind 2½ft gauge locomotive power
it all works out in the end. Still converting S Std gauge to 2½ft.<G>.

Ken Clark
    GWN