turnout switches crossover problems please help

Started by 1metallica, October 27, 2007, 02:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1metallica

i have a left and right hand bachmann e-z track n scale switch turnouts and when i hook them up i can get power to all the outside track. but the switch over part that crosses over to the track in the middle to the other side is dead train just stops. is it something simple?? not sure what to do to make it work. do i need a jumper wire? can u send me a diagram or picture to make all track get power. or can anyone send me a picture of how to best setup to loops with these and make them work.

i have plastic ends on mine will i need to cut them the bachmann factory ends?  and black switch boxes that switch the switches i have put together and plug 1 ac to it and the 2 green wires into each box they switch. but like i say it will only works...read above.  also i can switch a certain one and kill the track that is working.  i noticed that so it is a power issue just im not up on how to connect it all.  how would i connect it all and make it work. for 2 switch boxes and 2 switch's and all powered do i need 2 terminals? i did not figure it would be this hard wow lol .. but i want it to work so i need a more detailed

copy paste this in address bar this is the track and turnouts i have                                                                                                                                                                  http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b6/01/8997_1.JPG

how would i power the rest of the track not working do i  need another rerailer terminal? or can u show me how u would make 2 loops and hook it up to work can u give me a diagram on a basic setup and it wired to work correct. then i can just use it and make the layout. thanks i am a new n scale hobbiest and need to be drawn a picture.

??? ???

James in FL

Send a picture or basic drawing of your track plan and we will help you figure it out.

B'mann EZ track Turnouts are power routing, therefore, the power connection needs to be on the point end rather than the frog end.

Generally only one power connection is needed with a small layout that will fit on a 4x8 with 2 turnouts.
The key is where that power connection is located in relationship to your turnouts.

Look to this thread.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,967.0.html

In the second reply, I had drawn some basic gif's.
Which one most closely represents what you have?

To ease your mind a bit;
Doubtful that you will need to "cut" anything.
Doubtful that you need more than 1 terminal.