News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

smoke generator into a DCC 2-8-4 steamloco

Started by aces, January 25, 2008, 06:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces

Hi there, l need some help in wireing a smoke generator into a dcc  on board 2-8-4 steamloco with LED lighting, were do l run the wires too? As the chip is in the tender. All help would much appreciated, thankyou.
Cheers aces. 8)

aces

Hi there, I'm just learning, I was wondering if someone can help me please, as someone would have had to put a Steam Generator into a Bachmann "HO" 2-8-4 Berkshire Steamloco Wtender (DCC)

rogertra

The best advice almost everyone on this board will give is "DON'T!"

Smoke is unrealistic, the fluid is messy and gets over everything and the smoke leaves a residue that's hard to clean.  In you go ahead and install a smoke unit, you'll regret it.

ta152h0

It has come to my attention, based on the several thousand years of being alive, when you tell a modeler they can't do something, they prove you wrong. If it is a plastic bodied locomotive, get a spare plastic body first.

SteamGene

I'm one of those several thousand.  The mess created is the first problem.  The smoke's lack of realism is the second problem, but then what about steam from the steam dome, injectors, blow downs, etc? 
And yeah, get a second boiler.
The inventor of the MFP smoke generator used to be a member of Chesapeake Bay Railroaders and he never - ever - ran a smoke genertor equipted locomotive on the CB&W.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"