News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track not so easy...

Started by Hobojim, October 27, 2007, 03:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobojim

Hello all,

well i set up my eztrack around a4x8 table.. ran great last couple weeks today it goes about 2/3 way and stops???????? nothing changed if this ez track is so good then whats worng???? thanks for any and all help....Hobo Jim

BaltoOhioRRfan

could be the engine, could be dirt. try cleaning the rail heads.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Hobojim

Hi tryed that am useing a brand new engine...its like it worked last night now it dont ....

SteamGene

Make sure both ends of your wires are firmly seated.  Rub your finger over the top of the rails.  If you see a black streak on your finger tip, clean your rails.  If your rails are dirty, so are your wheels.  When cleaning locomotive wheels, also clean car wheels.   Also make sure that no rail joiners have managed to work themselves loose.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

railbuffintx78559

HoboJim:

I ran across the same problem on my 4 X 8 using ez-track.  It is very possible that the railjoiners are loose.  If there are any bends, kinks, or dirty areas in the contact points on any part of the layout, you can have the problem.  Also, recalling my problems, the 1/3 of the track where the train doesn't work, may not be the problem area at all.  Examine each piece of track carefully for any discrepancies.

The locomotive wheels, if they are dirty, can cause the locomotive to pause, slow down, or stop completely anywhere on the layout, so if it is just that one 1/3, then dirty wheels mostly is not the problem.

James Hail

On one ez track set i have the terminal re-railer had a bad buss connection underneath to the power plug ....the train when on that section of track would move the rails enough to break the connection inside stopping the train.......just a shot try wiggling your power plug to the track when the train stops.

Also unplug/un insert one section of track (open the circuit) run train on both sides of this opening and the section where the train stops running will be your problem...

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

Beatle (TrainBrain)

You could just need another power connection track on the far end.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

kevin2083

Quote from: Hobojim on October 27, 2007, 05:01:24 PM
Hi tryed that am useing a brand new engine...its like it worked last night now it dont ....

Even a 'brand new' engine can have dirty wheels. It may have been sitting on a shelf for a while. The wheels still oxidize, just not as fast, when not in use.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

grumpy

get a rag that won't fray , soak it in alcohol and clean your track. It is good idea to buy a track cleaner. I have one that is a caboose with a piece of cloth attached to the underside and every once in a while I pull it behind a loco to clean the track.
Good luck
Don

kporter

I use a simple multimeter to troubleshoot such problems.  It takes the mystery out of this.  Go to radio shack and ask for a simple lesson if needed.   I bet you will see the "voltage" disappearing somewhere as you check around the track.