News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

? Heisler ?

Started by Ralph-On30, February 14, 2007, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

Wiseman Model Services has the old V&T Shops line, which includes conversions for the Rivarossi Heisler ans well as for the MDC Shay. gj

tiny

And dont forget MRSRR's WILLAIAMETTE!!!!!....... ;D
DIRECTOR OF IMPORTANT STUFF

tiny

One thing i forgot to pass on www.mrsr.com  That can tell you more on whats going on....... ;D

glennk28

The Wilamette is a fairly large loco--3 trucks, similar in size to the HO Shay Bachmann makes--in fact, I think they were all standard gauge locos.  Only 33 were built, two are within an hour radius of me.

The Wilamette was an improved version of the Shay, which led to Lima building the "Pacific Coast" model Shay.  gj

tiny

Yes glenn, Thay all were standard gauge, All but 2 were 3 truck,And all but 2 were oil fired, AND best of all wilamatte's shop switcher was a SHAY!!!
theres a great book about the "willys" by one jim geutes???.. sorry apout the splling.....tiny. ;) ::)

caseyjones382

Bump up to the lead WE STILL WANT THAT HEISLER!!!!

BTW Fathers day and 4th of july if your near Freeport Illinois come out and say to me and my Heisler I should be there both those days. Thanks and again we want a Heisler.
What a hell of a way to run a  railroad! We are on time, BUT this is yesterdays train.

The Old Fardt

I'm not getting any younger so time is of the essence..

When pigs fly,  twelfth of never,  might be appropriate. Let's hope that is not the case.

ginzokid

Heisler, Heisler, Heisler! We want a Heisler.

Anybody out there listening.......please!

TheCritterCrazyGonzokid

Hamish K

The Bach Man has several times indicated that they are aware of the interest in a Heisler for On30. He can not say more until an official announcement is made. No announcement of a new ON30 locomotive for 2007 has been made yet, but I expect that there is one coming. My guess is an announcement at the Narrow Gauge Convention, but that is only a guess. Will the next ON30 loco be a Heisler? -  may be but may be not. A Heisler is my guess, but I have no inside information and I am often wrong.

On a related matter, there is still no official announcement of the pulpwood cars, even though they have actually arrived at some shops in the UK and I think Hong Kong.

Hamish

randerson

I thought Bachmann was going to announce new on30 in May?

Did I miss it?

Didn't happen?

Cheers,

Rich

Hamish K

Quote from: randerson on June 22, 2007, 06:06:32 PM
I thought Bachmann was going to announce new on30 in May?

Did I miss it?

Didn't happen?

Cheers,

Rich

I don't think that Bachmann ever promised new ON30 announcements in May. May was mentioned as announcements are now being made roughly each quarter, and thus, if there were to be some announcements, May was a likely time. Some Large Scale announcements were made, and there probably should have been an ON30 announcement, i.e. the pulpwood cars that have arrived in Britain but for some reason have not been officially announced. (The Bach Man has confirmed that they will be coming to the USA in summer).

Given that new  ON30 locos seem to turn up just before Christmas, under the new policy (3 to 6 months ahead)  an announcement of a loco would not be due for a little while yet, making the Narrow gauge convention a possibility.

This is at least how I see it, but who knows?

Hamish

ebtnut

I would guess now that the next announcement on new locos will occur either at the NMRA convention next month, or at the Narrow Gauge convention at the end of August.  Unfortunately, I have it on fair authority that the next new loco will NOT be a Heisler.  Can't say any more for now, though.

Chuck Prough

For all Hesler and Shay fans, you can see and ride behind one in central California at the Roaring Camp and Big Trees NG Railway in Felton, CA. They have a webpage. The have one Heisler and two Shays, a 2 truck and a 3 truck.

You can also be "Engineer for the Day" and ride in the cab and atually sit in the engineers seat and drive for a short while. I did this and it was a wonderful and unforgettable experience.

Shay 55
Chuck Prough

tac

You can also ride behind Heisler #2 on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad from Garibaldi, Tillamook Co.

There is a great 29 minute long video movie with an easy download here -

http://www.brian894x4.com/OregonCoastScenicRR.html

Loads more on the same wonderful site, too, including many hours of SP&S #700 and Daylight 4449!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

ebtnut

And don't forget Heisler No. 6, a big 3-truck job at Cass, WV.  With the Shays and Heisler at Cass, plus the Durbin & Greenbrier Valley RR Climax just up the road, you can zone out on all of the "big three" logging locos in one day!