News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lets Introduce Ourselves!

Started by Guilford Guy, October 27, 2007, 08:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Just following through from the Old Forum. Tell us a little about yourself, like what you model, what era you model, or whatever else you want to say about yourself. Please try not to post anything too personal for example- Hi I'm Joe Mama, I live at 1 Main Street, New York, New York. My phone number is 1-123-234-3456. Keep it Clean.

Hi I'm Alex!
I model the Boston & Maine in HO between the 30's and 50's along with some Modern Equipment, mostly from Massachusetts(MBTA, Guilford). I also model a fictitous Boston & Maine subsidy set in 1950 in G scale.
I live close to Boston and enjoy riding Boston's Commuter Rail Network!
Alex

Conrail Quality

Well, I live in northern VA, in the surburbs of Washington. I model heavy electric operations  in HO with no set era. I'm trying to have an all-electric roster, with no diesels or steam, so far it seems to be working out.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

HoboHarley

Hello from The Villages of Fla. I model LS in the era 20's/40's a short line in W. Mass into S. Vermont in NG. Indoors its On30 NG in Colorado with a Christmas display on a 4'X8' dense foam setup. MRR a great hobby.

Jake

Hi! I'm Jake, I live in southeastern Massachusetts. I'm working on a track plan for a small layout. (Just to observe what kind of havoc a Massachusetts climate will wreak on a model RR, and THEN build a larger, more operational layout.) My layout will be a freelanced representation of  the D&RGW (Denver & Rio Grande Western) RR in HOn3 within a time frame of 1932-1940.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

The Chaz Storm

I'm Charlie but my nickname and name known here is Chaz and I live in the United States.  I am 16 years old and a sophomore in high school, and I also help take care of my mom who is diagnosed with lung cancer. I am interested in modeling HO scale, especially Thomas the Tank Engine and I have been interested into model railroading for years, and I always will be for many years to come.  I have two tables that are going to be remodeled into a huge HO scale layout, and I am currently writing plans and ideas for the layout.  Plans will be put to action soon and I will take pictures and post them on the Thomas and Friends section on this board when I do.

BaltoOhioRRfan

I live in Balto, MD. Work at MB Kleins(Modeltrainstuff.com) and model primarly B&O with some C&O and private roads(also some no protypical specials the American Freedom Train) from 1890-1950 era.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Dusten Barefoot

Hey ya'll. My name in Dusten Barefoot. I live out in the sand hills of North Carolina. I model On30 narrow gauge, and have a small layout called the Black River & Southern RR, connected to the Bend Of The River Lumber Co. bassed in the sand hills. The layout is based in the late 1960s and 70s opperating steam only, and illigaly smuggeling moonshine across the SAND HILLS in the dead of the night.
    I am HUGE ET&WNC Railfan and would like to sart a future layout based on ol' Tweetsie.
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten Barefoot
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

kevin2083

Hi, I'm kevin and I live in notrh central Alabama. I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I am building a freelanced HO scale layout using the CPLT name (see signature) in the 1985 to 1995-ish time period. I never seem to be happy with the track on a layout for very long and am always trying to get more switching out of a 4x8 and 3x11. I must have changed the layout at least 30 times in the last 5 years.

Thats all I got...for now. Maybe I'll think of some more to say in a little while...

Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

CJCrescent

This topic was done earlier this year as well.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,141.0.html

Go here to read some more about some more forum members.
Keep it Between the Rails
Carey
Alabama Central Railway

Guilford Guy

Quote from: CJCrescent on October 30, 2007, 09:35:44 AM
This topic was done earlier this year as well.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,141.0.html

Go here to read some more about some more forum members.
True, yet I started the original thread, many years ago on the original forum... :P
Alex

Hobojim

Hi, i am hob jim  i model ho now just started back into it from along number of absent years while i was backpacking my way thru the U.S. walking many old forgotton lines theres miles of road bead out there .. i will be basing my layout on the old lines and forgotton routes that wind there way thru this great nation of ours... i stated in cal. now park mt boxcar in northwest arkansas ... most the old hobos are long gone now.. i did enjoy many a meal in hobo camps......
just cause they be ahobo dont mean he's/shes a drunk.. wave at the old timers if you see um walkin...

traindude109

Hi I am Matt. I live in Redding, CA and I model in 1:20.3 (narrow gauge) in G scale. I enjoy it very much. The garden railroad has been ongoing for about 3 years. I am also into HO, but have no layout of my own which is why I joined the Dunsmuir and Cedar Flats Model RR club. I also belong to the Shasta Garden Railroad Society (www.shastagrs.com) and the Shasta Cascade Rail Preservation Society.
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

Paul M.

Hi, I'm Paul

I model a fictional Branch of the Texas & Pacific during 1955-ish

I'm modeling in HO scale

I run trains from the T&P, MoPac, SP, ATSF and Emhurst & Area, the fictional regional railroad that runs through Emhurst (the city on my layout) and other surrounding towns (Hawk's Point) on the 5x9 foot layout I'm building...

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

kennywsp4

Hi I am Kim I model in G scale. Live in Bremerton WA.
I am planning a garden layout to be begun this spring it will be mostly a whimsical layout with Disney themed area. Also will have A elevated line running around the living room and into dinning room and back round.

vic

Well, some ofs ya knows me already :o

Vic in the smogtopia of Southern California.

Layout: large scale narrow gauge 1/22.5 target scale, was indoors and was outdoors, both small for G, both got destructed to make way for new construction, currently a hobo (no layout), I am working (painfully slooooowly) on a small pizza micro-layout, also large scale, that I was hoping to be ready by next years Big Train Show, and have planned new layouts for both indoors and outdoors.

Era: depression era, southwest USA. Dusty and worn down.

Trains: Small steam and small gas mechanicals. Mostly kitbashed or scratchbuilt,   all R1 capable - however no big engines to get the "bigger is better" crowd all excited.