Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

Yardmaster,

What is the wire AWG and length in
     BAC00002
     BAC00002-B
     BAC00002-C

These items are listed for use with HO, N, & G

FYI - The Bachmann Service Dept (including the dept manager) has stonewalled the question every time it has been asked.

Len

Off the top of my head, the wire gauge is either 20 or 22, it's been a while since I measured it. I'll check again in the morning to be sure. The length is roughly 2ft for the 'B', a little less for the others.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Hunt

Len,
Thanks but use your time for something else.

I asked Yardmaster as I want an official answer from the Bachmann Industries, Inc.

Len

Hunt,

If you want an "official" answer, you're asking in the wrong place. From the "Code of Conduct":

QuotePlease remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner.

If you want an "official" answer, you should use "official" channels:

Repair inquiries, or general inquiries may also be sent to:

Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm (All Times Eastern). Customer Service for all scales can be reached toll free by US and Canadian customers at 800-356-3910 or Fax at 215-554-6734. Customers from all other countries should call [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600. Please be aware that due to the quantity of calls we receive each day, you may need to leave a message on our voice mail system. Your call will be returned as soon as a service technician is available. We thank you in advance for your patience.

Parts: Ext. 328 or 329
    Technical Support HO, N, On30 Scales: Ext.336 or 337
    Technical Support Large Scale: Ext.334 or 335
    Technical Support Williams O Scale: Ext. 335
    Repair Status: Ext. 331
    Managers: Customer Service: Ext.304 - Parts: Ext. 330
===========================

After I get some coffee, I'll see about getting you an unofficial answer.

Len

Hunt

Len,
I will be blunt -

I believe you are trying to be helpful but this time, No Thanks!!

I have used the official channel both by phone and e-mail several times over a long time period span. Reread my post -- You overlooked that the question has been stonewalled by the official channel folks thus wasting your time to inform me to use what you can read has already been used.

Had I wanted an answer from just anybody willing to help I would not have directed the question to Yardmaster.

Again,  use your time doing something else.

Len

Hunt,

Ignore the following.

Everyone else,

I've had this question come up several times when my repair shop was open. Checking with my own tools, I found the red power wires are nominally 22AWG (multicore), or 0.33mm/squared if you want it in metric. Length is 22in, so the theoretical amp limit is somewhere around 14 amps, but I'd be leary of pushing it much past 5 - 8 amps if you don't want to melt the insulation. Adding the 10ft extension brings the theoretical max amps down to 10, but I'd stay at 5 amps or less if using it.

Len

Bucksco

Per the Bachmann service department:
BAC00002 - 41 1/2 "
BAC00002B - 24"
BAC00002C - 41 1/2 "
All are 26 gauge