News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track does not line up properly

Started by twogiants, February 27, 2015, 07:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twogiants

I have the De Witt Clinton (tiny!) HO model train and when I connected all of the EZ track a couple of them did not align so the rail on one piece was higher than on the connecting piece. The little train can't handle it and uncouples the cars or derails.  I have switched them all around to see if some fit better with others but still there are 2 that have this little difference in level. If you run your fingers over them it is not smooth.  I am afraid to bend anything. I have another HO set and had no trouble with it. Is the track section defective? What can I do?

Joe Satnik

2G,

Are you sure each rail is correctly positioned in the next piece's rail joiner,

or is it possible the rail has slid over and is riding on top of the rail joiner?

If they are together properly, the top of the joint should be smooth. 

Can you post close-up photos of the offending joint?

Thanks.

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

twogiants

I will connect the track again over the weekend and take a pic of the segments that have an issue. I believe I had it all lined up ok and not over or under anything. It is apart now but I'll get the track together and post a pic. Thanks.

kdgrant6

Hey, two giants,

I'm new to this, so I know how you feel.  I had a similar problem.  Most of the EZ Track slid into place with no problems.  However, sometimes that was not the case.  I had bought a used turnout.  One of its joiners was kinked so that one rail was slightly higher and cause derailings.  A

Also as I experimented with different layouts, I attached and separated the track pieces quite a lot, and I experimented with inclines, so more than several pieces of track would not join well. 

Sometimes the remedy was merely turning the pieces around, and I would get a smooth fit. 

Other times I did this: I used a Woodland Scenics foam pin and pressed down and sideways on the joiners and was able to fit the offending pieces perfectly.

I went around my track (close to a 100 pieces now) and made sure that every joint was smooth (I just ran my finger along the top).

You can do it.  Just don't force the pieces together.

Hunt

Click Here to view part of a Bachmann video.  The video starts at the track assembly segment.

twogiants

Thanks - I have done the same - take apart and put back together - my other HO set had no issues with the EZ track but the train is a little larger than the tiny DeWitt Clinton (had to buy it as I saw the replica at the Henry Ford Museum). If the piece of track is defective I think they should replace it, no?

Jerrys HO

Quote from: twogiants on February 28, 2015, 01:59:52 PM
Thanks - I have done the same - take apart and put back together - my other HO set had no issues with the EZ track but the train is a little larger than the tiny DeWitt Clinton (had to buy it as I saw the replica at the Henry Ford Museum). If the piece of track is defective I think they should replace it, no?

No it should not, most of the time it is user error not taking the time to ensure the joiners are mated properly. I have done this many of times as have others.

Bucksco

If you have a defective track section we will be happy to replace it. Just call Bachmann at (215) 533-1600 and ask for the service manager. She will be happy to help!

jbrock27

I tend to agree with Jerry.

TwoGuys, what piece of track do you feel is defective?  Please describe.  Thanks.
Keep Calm and Carry On