News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ENGINE WARRANTEE

Started by bevernie, October 27, 2007, 10:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevernie

MR. B, Please! The last time that I sent in some engines for repair, I was told that they were non-repairable, and would be replaced (at a cost of $10./each).The lady said that I could change roadnames, if I so desired, but only to a roadname that was in production at that time. When I asked what roadnames were available, she sounded a bit perturbed and "put out", but she went and checked.
I have three engines that I am planning to send in for repairs; if these engines require replacement, can you tell me what engines are in production so that I might change roadnames, and how much longer these will be in production? A friend told me that "BOSTON & MAINE" is in production at this time. (I'd really like one of those!) Is that true?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
                                                                                  Ernie
                                                  :o                    Hendersonville, NC
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

SteamGene

Ernie,
Why don't you check the online Bachmann catalog?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

bevernie

DUH!! I wist not that there were an "online catalog"!! How do I access it?
                                                                                                 THANX!!
                                                                                                   Ernie

SteamGene

Go to the home page and click on the top button - it's labeled "Products" or something like that.  It seems to be fairly up to date most of the time.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

bevernie

THANX, GENE!! Now, I've got some more questions!
     If the engine that you like is being produced in DCC, can you still get your train replaced with it in NON-DCC? Also, how much more does it cost to "upgrade" your replaced engine in "SPECTRUM"?(I know this can be done, because a friend did it, but I don't know how much it cost!) Can you change the complete engine? (As in changing your "A" to a "B"?) Can you change an engine for a GANDY DANCER", or "HIGH RAILER"?
                                                                                                  THANX!!
                                                                                                     Ernie

SteamGene

As of right now, Bachmann DCC locos also run on DC.  Exactly how they work with sound and DC I'm not sure. 
I know that if you send them something they no longer make, they will send you back the closest possible - that is, a light Mountain will get you a heavy Mountain.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Virginian

I think you better pick up the phone and call the sevice department.  You will need all your loco Bachmann part numbers for the easiest solution.
"What could have happened... did."

bevernie

::)So, you're saying that, no matter how perturbed she may get, it's still best to call to see what's available to swap for?                                                                                      THANX!!
                                                                                        Ernie
p.s.     I'm leaving now, on my run to Kentucky! Be back tomorrow evening!!
                                                                                           ECD :o[/i]

bevernie

GREETINGS!!  Well, I'm back from Kentucky (only to go back again, tomorrow!!). I had really hoped that Mr. B would have commented, but, I guess no such luck! :'(I guess Friday, I'll make my final decision as to what to do, but I really hope that Mr. B will address this situation with some cold, hard facts!! :D
                                                                                    THANX!!
                                                                                      Ernie
                                                                              Hendersonville, NC

the Bach-man

Dear Ernie,
I thought you had accessed the catalog, which lists locos in production. To find out what's available, it's always best to call, as stock levels change constantly.
Have fun!
the Bach-man