News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turnout switch

Started by Trackman Ed, February 16, 2015, 07:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trackman Ed

Does Bachmann Trains sell the little black switch that is used to do the switching electronically.  I'm referring to EZ track turnout momentary switch.

jbrock27

Is the "switch" you are asking about to change the direction of a turnout/switch, from straight route to divergent and vicey versa?  If so, and you are looking for one, Atlas makes one that is black and it is a #56.  You can also accomplish the same thing using push buttons (momentary) and/or toggles.

Or, are you asking about the switch motor that actually moves the points on the turnout/switch?  This is mounted to the body of the switch/turnout.  The above can be mounted anywhere.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Hunt

Hunt

more...

BTW, The small DIRECTIONAL BOX included with the Remote Turnout is currently Sold Out

Click Here for listing

jbrock27

hmmm, "sold out" doesn't sound like a very promising option...
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

Agree, as I noted in Reply #1.

The last one you posted through Grainger though Len, seemed awful pricey.
Keep Calm and Carry On

philws

Can you help me out I'm not too good with electronics. Can you show me how to hook the switch up? I would prescient all your help three of my five switch  Control boxes are bad so I would like to use the switches you are talking about .

jbrock27

Which switches, who talked about, buddy?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Desertdweller

Several months after I built my model railroad, I began to have problems with my EZ-Trak switches not throwing when I activated the control box (as illustrated in an above post).  Turned out the problem was not in the track switch, but was corrosion on the three aluminum contact tabs on the bottom of the control box.  After I cleaned them with a spray contact cleaner, the problem went away and has not returned after several years.

I think the problem was caused by a gas water heater in the same room.  I also replaced the water heater with a new one with electronic ignition instead of a pilot light.  Problem solved!

Les

AGSB

Quote from: philws on April 28, 2015, 10:58:44 AM
Can you help me out I'm not too good with electronics. Can you show me how to hook the switch up? I would prescient all your help three of my five switch  Control boxes are bad so I would like to use the switches you are talking about .

Google Atlas #56 and you will find images for the switch with wiring diagrams.

philws

I was talking about the toggle switches that LEN was talking about.

electrical whiz kid

What is a "prescient"?
SGT C.

philws

electrical whiz kid

Is that actually a word?