News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Depth of foam board on 4x8 layout

Started by kdgrant6, February 17, 2015, 06:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Low temp hot glue, silicone caulk adhesive, other kinds of plastic safe caulks/adhesives, carpet tape...
Keep Calm and Carry On

kdgrant6

Good question.  I posted that awhile back and had a lot of good input such as that from jbrock. 

I have not as yet secured mine.  A lot of oxen have been in the ditch, but when my expanded layout is ready, I plan to use two-sided tape from Lowe's (Shurtape).  It's cheap, comes in several widths, and maybe most importantly, lends itself to changes in track position more easily.

Here's a link: http://www.lowes.com/pd_256904-14510-282640_4294715670__?productId=50037492&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

BTW, Bach Man's Yardmaster recommended it.

jbrock27

Quote from: Jerrys HO on February 28, 2015, 11:37:33 AM
I used 2x4's for legs because they were readily available at construction site's in the scrap pile's or leftover's (ask before removing) .

I guess this method works great for those of us who are driving around aimlessly all day and can scope these spots out :D LOL!  I suppose the rest of us will have to just have to resign ourselves to go to Home Depot, Lowes or the lumber yard to buy the stuff.  (And this is coming from a frugal Scott) . 
I need to ask Jerry, don't you come across a lot of warped stuff that has been out in the weather? (Not that I don't have to sort through several pieces of lumber at any of the above mentioned places to find something that is NOT warped :D)
Keep Calm and Carry On

guslcp

The HD store where I buy my lumber/ply has these items and more inside the store.  They also sell pre-cut ply in several dimensions so you don't have to buy a whole sheet if you don't need it.

Gus

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on March 14, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
I guess this method works great for those of us who are driving around aimlessly all day and can scope these spots out :D LOL!  I suppose the rest of us will have to just have to resign ourselves to go to Home Depot, Lowes or the lumber yard to buy the stuff.  (And this is coming from a frugal Scott) .  
I need to ask Jerry, don't you come across a lot of warped stuff that has been out in the weather? (Not that I don't have to sort through several pieces of lumber at any of the above mentioned places to find something that is NOT warped :D)

JBrock... the man of a thousand questions and all the right answers  ;D
Diving aimlessly? I have a dispatcher guiding my every move. Even when not at work my eye's are looking around.
I probably find less warped material than you do in those big box stores  ::).

jbrock27

Quote from: Jerrys HO on March 15, 2015, 09:47:50 PM
I probably find less warped material than you do in those big box stores  ::).

I would not doubt that for a second, LOL! :D

And I am flattered by your compliment Jerry, thank you! :)
Keep Calm and Carry On