Sad News Once Again, Re: Doneldon

Started by jbrock27, February 07, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

I noticed it has been a while since seeing usual poster "Doneldon" and it got me to wondering as I think he accumulated the most posts of anyone here I have come across so far.  I sent him a PM some time ago asking if everything was alright and received no reply, so I did some research this morning and this is sadly, what I found.  Rest in peace Doc, you'll be missed!

http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/62404/?fullname=doneldon-m-dennis
Keep Calm and Carry On

Stephen D. Richards

Mr. Dennis will be sorely missed.  My condolences to his family.   Stephen

jward

we have lost yet another of our knowledgeable members. doneldon was truly an asset to this forum in a way few others are or ever will be. he will be missed.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Morgun 30

Quote from: jward on February 07, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
Doneldon was truly an asset to this forum in a way few others are or ever will be. he will be missed.

I agree. He was always helpful when I had a problem

Len

"-- D" will be missed, here and on other forums. We helped each other many times since joining here back in 2007.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

WoundedBear

Well, damn. This isn't good news at all. D and I had our differences at times, but I agree that he was a definite asset to this site and will be missed.

Sid

Ken G Price

Sad to hear as I am only 66. He was way to young to go.
Notice how they mentioned he had hobbies, but did not mention model railroading.
I would not be surprised if who wrote the obituary, was not too happy of his choice, of what some consider children's toys.

I may be wrong as it is my opinion though.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

jonathan

Doneldon was a fellow Navy Man and Minnesotan.  I always enjoyed his correspondence. Miss ya D--

jv

ACY

Jon, I don't recall sending that tender to Minnesota, maybe I am mistaken,  but I recall you living in Maryland. And Donaldon will be missed, he was another great asset to this forum and the hobby.

Desertdweller

Oh, man, that is bad news.
I'm really going to miss him here.

Les

Martha

I am so sorry to hear of his passing, this is the second person in 2 days I learned recently passed. I am honored to have known D as a MR man. He really knew his stuff and the support, guidance and the little bit of personal info he shared, well I will deeply miss him. condolences to him wife and family.

Terry Toenges

I am sorry to hear that, also. He was such a wealth of knowledge.
Feel like a Mogul.

Jerrys HO

Hate to bring bad news back up but with my absence I could not reply.
So sorry to hear of this as it is yet another internet friend gone and will be missed. My condolences to his family.