News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brass Track

Started by JTRogman, February 22, 2015, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACY

Just because it is listed as new on eBay does not necessarily mean it really is the case. Sellers often say things are new when they are "lightly used" or something to that effect. And I have brass track that is still sealed in the original packaging that is oxidized,  so it is of little benefit to buy "new" brass track anyways since it has not been produced in such a long time (for HO scale) that even track in the original packaging is oxidized and in need of cleaning just as much or more so than some used track you may find.

jbrock27

Just because it is listed as new on eBay does not necessarily mean it really is the case.

Yeeeesssss, ACY, thank you....Are you forgetting I am the guy in recent time (and more than once I might add) who has pointed out MANY Ebay sellers list steel track as nickel silver?  So yeah, I know the drill of "just because it's listed as this, doesn't mean it really is".  No need to point that out to me.

And I have bought and have seen NIP track that is NOT oxidized, so?  And does it being oxidized mean that it is NOT new, as in, never used?  Like I ALREADY said, new, brass track CAN be purchased on Ebay; I never said EVERY piece of brass track on Ebay is new ::)

*I would add that at least in shopping for brass track, one is not as susceptible to falling for buying steel track as I know has happened to some people when they thought they were buying nickel silver track ;D

Keep Calm and Carry On