News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help replacing E-Z mate couplers on engine

Started by gregbert, February 20, 2015, 07:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregbert

Hi,

I am trying to replace a broken coupler on a norfolk southern engine (part of the bachmann thoroughbred set). I was able to replace the couplers on the freight cars no problem. But i can't figure out how to get at the couplers on the engine. i've attached a picture in case it helps. do i need to remove the entire housing to get at it?

for some reason attaching a picture isnt working.. here is the dropbox link to the jpg:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/a75bgknl0v63miw/AABKQmt4xW7geS3IGAXQ88CUa

thank you

Greg

rogertra

Sorry can't help with the coupler as I do not own that model but what you did with your photo is the only way to post photos, you cannot attach them you must post them on a photo site, like you did, and then paste a link.

Congrats in figuring that out, it's surprising how many people don't.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

gg, if you do not find a small screw anywhere on the coupler box, I believe that one of those bottom plastic pieces, just clips on the coupler box from the bottom.  So to take it off, see if the sides will spread a little and then move it downward.  This is the best I have come up with going to and looking at the Product Reference page on the home page of this site.  Good luck.  Please let us know of your progress.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Hunt

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

Greg,

You almost got the picture posting, but 'Dropbox' is more for posting pictures for others to download. It's not set up to be very friendly for linking pictures to other sites. It can be done:

But it's a convoluted process. Using Firefox, you have to right click on the page with the picture, select 'View Page Info', then copy the very long URL that gives the actual location where Drop Box stored the picture. Which isn't the same as the one you download from. And paste that into your post with the [i m g[]/i m g] (no spaces) tags.

Photobucket is much more "User Friendly" for being able to link pictures to other sites. They give you various URL's, like picture location, right next to the picture. Or you can just right click on the picture and select 'Save image location', which Dropbox doesn't allow. Right clicking there just gets you a "Download" button.

And like others have said, the little clip directly under the doorway diaphram can be spread with a small screwdriver, or heavy toothpick, and it pops off allowing the coupler box to open.

Hope to see more pictures.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

gregbert

Thank you both - it was both easier and more difficult than i imagined. Both the picture and the description of how to remove it were key.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On