News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brass Track

Started by JTRogman, February 22, 2015, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTRogman

OK I GOT IT! THANKS ALL, NO NEED TO REPLY

:) Does anyone know where I can find HO Brass Track?
Single or 3 ft pcs...
Let me know.
Thanks

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

ACY

Brass track can be found pretty much anywhere. Why do you want brass track instead of nickel-silver.

jbrock27

Brass track can be found pretty much anywhere.

Really?  Such as where ACY?  My LHS told me several years ago when I asked about it, that they stopped carrying it, several years before that.  It sure aint found on AMAZON.  I guess one could also wait for a train show in travel distance, or flea market or estate sale or tag sale or garage sale OR check out Ebay where there is all the brass track one could desire (if they so desired it).  And I would have asked the same question as you, but the OP did not ask which track they should use, just where to find brass track.   
Keep Calm and Carry On

ACY

Anyplace that sells used items including garage/estate sales, auctions, flea markets, train shows, eBay, craigslist, etc. I never said it could be purchased brand new. Also many local hobby shops have used brass and steel track for sale, yours may not but I have been to many that did have it for sale. If you want instant gratification then eBay is the way to go. The last major company to sell brass track was Model Power but they of course went out of business, I have some brass Model Power turnouts though that I never used.

jbrock27

Anyplace that sells used items including garage/estate sales, auctions, flea markets, train shows, eBay, craigslist, etc.

Gee, you don't say? ::) (sarcasm)

Things must be slower in Ohio for shops to still have that stuff around and to try to sell it used no less...

And shopping Ebay btw, does not necessarily mean shopping for instant gratification.
Keep Calm and Carry On

ACY

I am not talking about shops in Ohio, I am talking about across the US. Many independent hobby shops have areas set aside for selling used items which may include brass locomotives or even old steel and brass track. Granted some shops do not sell any second hand items and those places won't have any brass track since it is no longer available new. Regardless there are very few advantahes to buying brass track aside from maybe saving a little bit of money but you will have to clean your track more often and ixidized brass does not conduct as well.

jbrock27

I agree with what you say about there being no advantages at this stage in HO train-land to using brass track even though there are plenty of people who do and don't have problems with it.  But I know of no shops or stores, not even Salvation Army, that has brass track.
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Most brass track can be found in a recycler's yard, where it belongs.  ;)

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

Then it's no longer in track form, right?  It's like a lamp or plumbing fitting or something? ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Quote from: jbrock27 on February 22, 2015, 04:22:43 PM

Then it's no longer in track form, right?  It's like a lamp or plumbing fitting or something? ;)

Exactly.  The only use for it.

Cheers

Roger T.

Len

It would have been nice if the OP mentioned what scale he's looking for.

Maybe he's a Large Scaler, there about the only ones with manufacturers still offering brass track.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jerrys HO

Quote from: Len on February 22, 2015, 04:37:04 PM
It would have been nice if the OP mentioned what scale he's looking for.

Maybe he's a Large Scaler, there about the only ones with manufacturers still offering brass track.

Len

HMMM...  Smiley Does anyone know where I can find HO Brass Track?
Single or 3 ft pcs...
Let me know.
Does that look familiar

Len

Doh! Maybe it's time for new glasses.

Looks like brass HO track has fallen into the "Rare" hole on the Bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181667158628?lpid=82&chn=ps

Which means you'll be able to buy a bunch more nickle silver track for the same money. And as long as it's code 100, it will line up fine with the old brass stuff if the OP really wants to keep it.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

"rare" and "vintage" are descriptors that get thrown around all the time.  To me, it usually just means the seller is a crook ;)
And unlike ACY, I will say, that it can be purchased brand new, on Ebay. 
Keep Calm and Carry On