News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC ready

Started by Titanic5972, November 01, 2015, 08:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanic5972

Are any of the locos DCC ready? I reckon that would be a huge improvement to all the models.

Jacob Wilson

To my knowledge, I don't think any of the Bachamnn Thomas & Friends Locomotives are DCC Ready. Besides, Bachmann aim the Thomas & Friends range for young children, so is DCC Ready Locomotives really necessary? Basic analogue is alright for me anyway. I imagine that Bachmann making the Locomotives DCC Ready would make them more expensive. They are expensive enough as they are now.

jward

while they are not plug n play, my Thomas had the motor already isolated from the chassis, and dcc installation was as simple of desoldering the Bachmann pc board and resoldering the wires to the decoder leads. the hardest part was finding enough room inside for a small decoder.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: jward on November 05, 2015, 06:51:48 PM
while they are not plug n play, my Thomas had the motor already isolated from the chassis, and dcc installation was as simple of desoldering the Bachmann pc board and resoldering the wires to the decoder leads. the hardest part was finding enough room inside for a small decoder.

So where did you put the DCC Decoder out of interest in your Bachmann Thomas?