Bachmann James ho scale update 2015

Started by JLK2707, February 22, 2015, 11:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Bachmann just said that they were going to update James last year? If so, why have no pictures been posted yet?

Blackfive1994

probably not ready yet or was shown at toy fair image, but photographed at incorrect angle or still have old james model on display.

ClrwtrMK2

Either way, A simple re-paint of the old model won't do James any justice. The way I see it, Bachmann should 3D scan the Large Scale Model & scale it down to HO then 3D print it.

Blackfive1994

possibly, but we will have to wait and see, bachmann  already have their wagons full working on HO Oliver, Skarloey and Toad and G Scale WInston and Ice Cream Van plus releasing the Red Branchline Coaches.

DoggySporty

If James is repainted, it might only show up on the models themselves.  James' promotional artwork for Bachmann showed is prototype model for many years before it was updated--I don't think it was updated until James came out in G scale.
I guess the best way to find out is to wait for a newly manufactured shipment of James engines.  Easier said than done, unless you work for a model train store that sells him...

thomasj219

Exactly, we just have to wait until someone comes across him. I'm sure BACHMANN wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't happening. Just wait and see.... ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

Revisions usually happen unannounced.  When Bachmann have updated some of their older products, such as the oil tank and mail car, they remained unannounced and everyone found out about them when someone happened to find them in stores and post pictures/videos online of them.  

Personally, I think everyone should be a little more patient with Bachmann here.  We're already getting a handful of new products from both ranges, plus a narrow gauge range, and we don't even have all of the products that were announced last year like the red coaches and the round water tower.  I say at least wait until the end of this summer before we draw any conclusions.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Blackfive1994

Quote from: Chaz on February 24, 2015, 01:18:55 AM
Revisions usually happen unannounced.  When Bachmann have updated some of their older products, such as the oil tank and mail car, they remained unannounced and everyone found out about them when someone happened to find them in stores and post pictures/videos online of them.  

Personally, I think everyone should be a little more patient with Bachmann here.  We're already getting a handful of new products from both ranges, plus a narrow gauge range, and we don't even have all of the products that were announced last year like the red coaches and the round water tower.  I say at least wait until the end of this summer before we draw any conclusions.
that was similar to what i have said.

DoggySporty

Quote from: Blackfive1994 on February 25, 2015, 04:35:03 PM

Yeah.  Plus I don't think too many people are upset, and those who are will move on soon enough.  Just wait till the first pics of the red coaches/any new product appear...

thomasj219

Quote from: Blackfive1994 on February 25, 2015, 04:35:03 PM
Revisions usually happen unannounced.  When Bachmann have updated some of their older products, such as the oil tank and mail car, they remained unannounced and everyone found out about them when someone happened to find them in stores and post pictures/videos online of them. 

Personally, I think everyone should be a little more patient with Bachmann here.  We're already getting a handful of new products from both ranges, plus a narrow gauge range, and we don't even have all of the products that were announced last year like the red coaches and the round water tower.  I say at least wait until the end of this summer before we draw any conclusions.

What??
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

Adding black paint to where  James was formerly grey (and hopefully that smokebox support area) isn't really worth them announcing or advertised. It's a fix that, if it's being done, will just pop up in stores one day.

Considering the quality of the range is much better than what it started as, whether the rep is right or wrong doesn't matter; the paint error fixes are long overdue.

InsideTrack

Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.

DoggySporty

Oh well, at least the other models still look great.  Personally I'd rather James be capable of pulling more than three trucks before having a repaint, but that's just my opinion.  Bill and Ben are still my favorite models!

DinoNTrains

Quote from: InsideTrack on March 12, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.

Thank you for the clarification of the James repaint.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Chaz

It's a shame that James' updated paint scheme won't actually happen for a few years, but it is at least assuring to know that it will happen eventually.  Glad to hear some actual confirmation on this, looking forward to hearing more news when that time comes.

Better late than never. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.