Bachmann James ho scale update 2015

Started by JLK2707, February 22, 2015, 11:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: InsideTrack on March 12, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.
Thanks for the insight and update! It's always nice to learn a bit what's going on behind the scenes. Interesting to learn that it almost did happen though.

Metal

Quote from: DoggySporty on March 12, 2015, 04:49:16 PM
Oh well, at least the other models still look great.  Personally I'd rather James be capable of pulling more than three trucks before having a repaint, but that's just my opinion.  Bill and Ben are still my favorite models!

I suggest using light oil on the axles of rolling stock, as well as cleaning your track and wheels.  :)

Anthony P2

at least we know the first item for 2017.....

DoggySporty

Quote from: Nykrivas on March 12, 2015, 08:08:52 PM
Quote from: DoggySporty on March 12, 2015, 04:49:16 PM
Oh well, at least the other models still look great.  Personally I'd rather James be capable of pulling more than three trucks before having a repaint, but that's just my opinion.  Bill and Ben are still my favorite models!

I suggest using light oil on the axles of rolling stock, as well as cleaning your track and wheels.  :)

James is still the only engine I've had a problem with, and I've had two models--I never bought a third one.  Maybe just my bad luck, though.  After a few months I've had some engines face the same problem but I think they just need lubrification.
One thing I've never had a problem with, with any engine including James, is having trains fall off the track, even though this seems to be a common claim around the net.  Probably just because people set up their track on uneven carpets though!

Cheeky_ULP

Thinking back to what InsideTrack said, I wonder how difficult it would be to show the factory the artwork that the large scale brake van is using, and apply it to the OO/HO brake van.

It would be one heck of an improvement, and rekindle interest in a product that a lot of people have forgotten about.

JLK2707

I just wonder why the factory ignored the plans for the new James model in HO scale....

Anthony P2

well it looks like the little blue buckeroo now has a modified electrical pick up system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkSZWshrUY

JLK2707

But you can still just repaint James yourself!:)

Ken Clark

Quote from: Sparks on March 30, 2015, 01:20:50 AM
Thinking back to what InsideTrack said, I wonder how difficult it would be to show the factory the artwork that the large scale brake van is using, and apply it to the OO/HO brake van.
[It would be one heck of an improvement, and rekindle interest in a product that a lot of people have forgotten about.

Or you could go to Bachmann UK, and take a look at the OO scale brake vans they already offer  in there freight car line up.

Ken Clark
     GWN

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I am honestly surprised that a LOT of the merchandising lines (looking at you too Bachmann!) didn't repaint Thomas and James in TAB livery...not a tough process and I am sure they would sell like crazy!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

thomasj219

You have to understand these are electric trains not wooden or track master. And repaints aren't guarented to sell just because of the high price of the engines. It's a bit different from the other ranges.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Ken Clark on April 01, 2015, 11:26:15 AM
Quote from: Sparks on March 30, 2015, 01:20:50 AM
[It would be one heck of an improvement, and rekindle interest in a product that a lot of people have forgotten about.

Or you could go to Bachmann UK, and take a look at the OO scale brake vans they already offer  in there freight car line up.

Ken Clark
     GWN
I have some, but it would be nice to have a Thomas themed version for the US market as well. Sadly not everyone knows about websites such as eHattons.

Ken Clark

Just took a look at the Bachmann HO Thomas products, and they offer the brake van
   for the Thomas line.

Ken Clark
     GWN

Cheeky_ULP

Yes I know, that's the one I'm referring to being repainted to look like the Large Scale version.

GTPS2

Quote from: InsideTrack on March 12, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.

So what you're saying is that We're not gonna see a photo of the updated James this year?