News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Questions

Started by garr7380, February 23, 2015, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garr7380

So I recently Purchased two Bachmann DCC Locomotives, which both run very well with My ez command system. The question I have, is there a reason for the headlamps not to work in DCC operation, but will work in DC operation. BTW, I am very new to DCC, and wonder if I am suppose to program the headlamp to work, or exactly what should I do. Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Len

Page 6 of the EZ-Command instructions explains how to get in and out of 'Function' mode. When you're in 'Function' mode, F10 should turn the lights on and off. You have to program the decoder for other things, like "Rule 17" operation of the lights, which should be covered in the decoders documentation.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Hunt

If you have the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center it does not have the capability to program any decoder CV by its number. Thus you cannot change the light effects or other features from what is preset at the factory.

Bucksco

E-Z Command turns the Headlight on and off by pressing number 10 in function mode.

garr7380

Thank you all for the help, I will definitely check it out when I get home today.