ETA for New Spectrum 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive?

Started by nevcraig, February 13, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevcraig

Hi Bach Man,
Can you give an estimate for when the new Spectrum 2-6-0 Steam Locomotives will be available for purchase?  I've been eagerly awaiting the Eureka & Truckee model 81487 since its announcement in the 2014 catalogue, and now its in the 2015 catalogue too.  Thanks!

Mark Oles

These updated moguls were announced in July at the NMRA.  Normally, when there is an announcement of a product in G scale, it takes anywhere from 6-24 months to actually see the product.  For these models, since the molds exist and they have been run a few times over the years, there shouldn't have been too much to update.  The plug and play board is new for the moguls, and I am not sure if there are other electronics being added.  Normally, there will be paint samples before production runs, but perhaps there is not much interest in these moguls?  For me, I am interested in the Grizzly Flats RR version.  I have one of the original run 4-4-0s that I repainted, and it is a beautiful model and runs great, too.  (the 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 share a lot of the same parts, since both prototypes were nearly identical).

Loco Bill Canelos

They do appear in the 2015 catalog so I am guessing they should be out by at least December.   Who knows maybe even sooner. There is the huge west cost port strike/slowdown which is creating huge problems for many companies expecting product from China.

I am sure you meant Eureka & Palisade  not Eureka & Truckee,  but none the less when they do appear they will be great models for various control systems!!!  Perhaps Yardmaster could give us a hint on when the might reasonably be expected.   
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

spdavie

I actually asked the same question a few months ago on this forum. The Yardmaster replied with early this year for delivery of the Bachmann 2-6-0's. I wonder if that time frame still stands.

Mark Oles

Maybe we will see them at the ECLSTS in York next month.

Chris9017

I am also Anxious on those new Moguls.  I have money put away in an account for one of these beauties.  I am debating between Eureka & Palisade or Emma Nevada, or even possibly the D&RGW, but I need them to come out in order to make a verdict, and I'm getting itchy, so I'm really dying to have one of those beauties.   Not to mention they go great with the Spectrum Freight Cars.   I hope they come out really soon because I sooooo can't wait.   

No doubt they'll be drop dead stunning when they're out. :D