News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More New HO Scale Buildings!

Started by Bucksco, March 04, 2015, 10:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

These new HO scale Railroad buildings are now shipping to your local Bachmann retailer

Item No. 35113 Falls Junction Switch Tower

Item no. 35114 Central Junction Switch Tower

Item No. 35112 Branch Line Water Stop

Item No. 35115 Single Stall Shed

Item No. 35116 Double Stall Shed

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=258_650

ebtnut

Wish we could have that water tank in O/On30.

Len

The double shed is almost identical to one used over the hopper unloading pit at a power plant in Maryland. Lot's of alternate uses for both sheds already being written down!

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

The interlocking tower and the water tank look like adaptations of old Walthers kits, wonder if they are.  Enclosing the bottom trestle work of a water tank is a northern prototype idea, to prevent  the tank from freezing in extreme cold, usually was a small stove in there.  Southern railroads almost never did that design, none that I've ever seen, anyway.

Bucksco

These are new items - not based on other tooling. Perhaps based on the same prototype....?

Trainman203

That's good, some plastic kits have been around under different names for decades.  It actually is a testament to the popularity of some of them that they last as long as they do beyond the life of a company or in some  cases several.  Walthers is offering some of the old Model Power buildings again. But the Bach Man has put some more unique nice stuff in the catalog.

One line of structures I wish would come back is Revell, from over 50 years ago.  They made a beautiful farm house  and outbuilding set, as well as  some great railroad support buildings like a section house, elevated crossing guard shed, elevated oil tank, and interlocking tower.  If the Bach Man ever finds those molds for sale , man, an instant line of beautiful buildings could be had.

Len

This was on the Model Railroader forum a couple of years back regarding the Revell molds:

QuoteIt's my understanding that Con-Cor owns the molds and that they will likely not ever be run again the way things stand now. The main reason, I was told, is that Revell designed them to run on modified molding machines that don't exist anymore. The molds are also very large and in need of work.

At the LHS, back when, we were told AHM owned the molds and molding machines for a while, right after Revell got in financial trouble and sold them. When AHM went away, Con-Cor got the molds, but not the molding machines, and production ended. Nobody seemed to know where the molding machines went.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.