Bachmann GS4 Southern Pacific Daylight

Started by MissabeModler, October 13, 2015, 07:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissabeModler

I am considering purchasing a Bachmann GS4  SP Daylight 4-8-4 DCC equipped. Can anyone who has one tell me is it difficult to install sound? and how large a consist it can pull. I have not seen any reviews on this locomotive. I have a 14 car post-war Daylight consist. Thank you

richardl

You should consider the HO forum. It will probably be moved anyway. I posted another answer in the other forum about pulling power and wiring.

Rich

ACY

Quote from: MissabeModler on October 13, 2015, 07:13:23 PM
I am considering purchasing a Bachmann GS4  SP Daylight 4-8-4 DCC equipped. Can anyone who has one tell me is it difficult to install sound? and how large a consist it can pull. I have not seen any reviews on this locomotive. I have a 14 car post-war Daylight consist. Thank you
If you are asking how difficult it is to install sound then it is most likely too difficult for you to attempt in my opinion. It cannot pull 14 NMRA weighted passenger cars on a level grade let alone a 2% grade. You are probably only going to be able to pull 5-8 passenger cars depending on their weight and how free rolling they are.