News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ho GP 40 Trucks

Started by MrMoose, March 09, 2015, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoose

I have a Bachmann GP 40 and the gears in the trucks are so loose that they don't mesh all the time and gears are slipping past each other.
Not happy.
I ordered two new trucks for it and hope that the tolerances on the new ones are alot closer.
This is going to be a expensive Locomotive when I get done replacing all the parts for it. :(

ALCO0001

Are you sure it is the gears and not the drive shaft coupling at the worm gear cracked and slipping on the worm gear shaft// or the gear pins that the gears ride on in the trucks backed out of one side that the gears are not straight in line with each other? .That one is a easy fix.Never since the 90s when the plus line came out have I seen loose slipping gears unless there cracked at the axle ,the gear pins walk out of the case or the coupling cracks at the worm most common . 2 out of the 3 are repairable without replacing the trucks. ???Let me know.

Jack 8)

MrMoose

I'll take it apart and see what up then but I know that one truck the gears are not meshing properly.

MrMoose

Ok I took the truck apart and there is too much clearance between two of the gears for them to mesh properly.
It is the large center gear and the one next to it before the axle gear.

ALCO0001

The metal pins that the gears ride on properly seated in the gear case cover on both sides or is one pin sticking out and not seated in the hole on the other side of the truck gear case? ???
Jack

MrMoose

I turned the one gear around and it seems to be better now but not great. At least its not slipping past the gear that its meshed too.