News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ez Track turnout switches

Started by jht620, March 13, 2015, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jht620

I have Ez track NS turnouts and wanted to know if the switch # 000055 and switch # 000056 are interchangeable on the turnouts and also if you can use a atlas snap relay # 200 in between the switch and the turnout to control track signals

jward

to do what you want to do, you will have to cut the plug end off the wire. once you do this, you can easily use the atlas switch control box #56 and the snap relay with your ez track switches.

convention when wiring twin coil switch motors like the ones on your switches is to use the center wire of the 3 conductor cable as a common return, and the two outer wires to control which coil gets energized when you throw the switch. I would connect the center wire to the center terminal on the control box, along with one of the outer two wires, then try to throw the switch. it should throw one direction only. hooking up the third wire should let the switch throw back the other direction. if it doesn't, reverse the first two wires you hooked up.  for ease of troubleshooting later, mark the common wire.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jht620

Are you saying to pu the center wire and one of the ouside wires on the center terminal of the snap relay and the other wire on the ouside screw

Thank you

jbrock27

Looks like your party left you to move on to bigger and better things.

Check out here:  (from the New Ho train kit thread)

Would not using 2 lead Bi-colour LEDs work using this method with an Atlas Relay? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iUp-x1M7OU

Looks pretty straight forward and simple to me.  Plus, it would not cost $30+ per unit.

For help with your answer.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

the center wire should go to the center terminal. the two other wires should go to the outer two terminals. you should only have one wire per terminal.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA