Economical way to change CV values

Started by rustybolt, March 12, 2015, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustybolt

I have a DCC sound-equipped HO locomotive that includes the Sound Value SoundTraxx? diesel sound package with prototypical 567 prime mover, 3 air horns, and bell?all in polyphonic 16-bit sound.' I am using EZ Command Control Center (#44901); the engine responds as follows: prime mover sounds great, F1 - Bell, F2 - Air Horn, F3 - Short Air Horn, F8 - Mute, F10 - Headlight; no response from the other keys. I understand I need to change the CV values to access all three Air Horn sounds. My EZ Command Control Center (#44901) is adequate for my layout, but does not have the capability to change CV values. What is the most economical way to change the CV values?

Len

Option 1: Take your loco to a friend or local club that uses a DCC system capable of changing CV's.

Option 2: Find a DCC system capable of changing CV's on sale and buy it.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

if you are trying to program and can't, then obviously it isn't adequate. almost every dcc system out there has this programming capability, and some are quite reasonable in cost.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

Another option is using JMRI as Roger would say, maybe he will chime in and give more details. Rog, Rog, WAKE UP!  ;D

Len

Jerry - I thought EZ-Command didn't have a PC interface.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

bapguy

To use JMRI you need a computer interface. If you want to keep your current system, I offer two options: get a Sprog or Digitrax PR3 extra. Both can be used as stand alone programmers using JMRI and a computer.  Joe

Jerrys HO

Quote from: bapguy on March 13, 2015, 09:24:02 AM
To use JMRI you need a computer interface. If you want to keep your current system, I offer two options: get a Sprog or Digitrax PR3 extra. Both can be used as stand alone programmers using JMRI and a computer.  Joe

Thanks Bapguy, that's what I was trying to get Rog to say as I know that is what he said he uses.
Len Your correct but there's always a way around the easy stuff.

Hunt

Also, there are stand-alone DCC decoder programmers that do not require connection to a computer or connection to a DCC system.

rustybolt, I surmise Len's Option 1: Take your loco to a friend or local club that uses a DCC system capable of changing CV's is the only suggestion so far that fits your, "economical way to change CV values"