News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow gauge bobber caboose

Started by uscgtanker, February 18, 2015, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uscgtanker

I have been looking for a 2 axle bobber caboose in 1:20.3 scale. I have found the RGS 2 truck design but not what i'm looking for. Besides scratch building the car my self is there some other source to look at?

the Bach-man

Dear Coastie,
I believe Accucraft made one.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Kevin Strong

Accucraft made a brass one based on a Denver & South Park transfer caboose/waycar, which was very small and lacked a cupola.

http://www.accucraftestore.com/index.php?productID=777

It's sold out, but I see them from time to time at shows and on ebay. That's as close to a more typical 2-axle bobber as you're going to get in 1:20.3, and it's not that close. You're just as well-served taking a Bachmann 1:22 bobber and building a new caboose on that chassis.

Later,

K

uscgtanker

Well with my scratch building work on TM and South Shore cars at a halt I have built one 1:30.3 bobber caboose. I also have the chassis for a second. I will be posting pics on a later post. With the info on later posts I'm the only one currently building these little guys. If anyone is interested I will be selling these as soon as I build them.

R. J. Raleigh

Tanker,
Go to GouldStudios.com
They have the drawing for the original D&RG Jackson and Sharp bobber cobooses delivered in 1871.
They also have the drawing for the D&SP bobber caboose that Accucraft modeled.
Let's see.....they also have drawings for boxcars, reefers....a C-16......a Mason Bogie etc.

The drawings are pricey but they are the absolute best reference source.

R. J. Raleigh

uscgtanker

With the two bobber that were built by the D&RG and the DS&P. I have pictures of both and have done alright with eye work. But could those prints be in Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette.

Kevin Strong

The D&RG Class 1 bobber drawing can be found in the May/June 1979 Gazette.

The DSP&P Waycar drawing is in the Jan/Feb 1992 Gazette.

The D&RG caboose is also in Robert Sloan's "A Century + 10" book. That book is an absolute "must-have" reference if you are remotely interested in the D&RGW's rolling stock, and a "really should have" reference for anyone with an interest in narrow gauge rolling stock in general.

Later,

K