News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Speed differences

Started by roundhouse foreman, February 27, 2015, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrical whiz kid

So Jim...
...When I was in the service, one of the first things I learned was to ask questions and not to disregard suggestions.  The service was a great place to learn a trade or at least something relative, and also to grow.
Lapping compound contains a fine abrasive which WILL cut delrin.  If needed, it might be a good way to go.  Ideally, one might consider going to brass gears, which are available-in quantity is cheaper-and then one might really need lapping compound...
I have had no problems so far...so far...with delrin gearing.  The only locomotive I have an issue with is a Bachmann 2-8-0; which was expanded by me, so Bachmann is a good quality product.
SGT C.

jbrock27

Yep Sarge, thanks but I really was not asking for any suggestions, just making a statement.  But I thank you and appreciate your taking your time to respond what you thought was a question.  BTW, I am sure among the things your learned in the military is the high level of incompetence that can exist.  But that is subject for another time.  One thing I will add is unlikely the military, in this hobby, it is ok to NOT fall lock step in with everyone else.
Anyway, please know, that I am not laughing at YOU, rather I am laughing at anyone who spends the time to put Pearl Drops in their delrin gearing hoping to get their loco to run better.  I won't be doing it.  I will also not be switching to brass gears bc I have no reason too, but thank you again for offering that suggestion
Keep Calm and Carry On