News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Railway Series Characters

Started by Cheeky_ULP, April 27, 2015, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky_ULP

In the new Sodor's Legend of the Lost Legend trailer, we saw the CGI debut of the Railway Series characters Mike, Rex and Bert. They are the first Railway Series engines to appear in the show in over 20 years. This raises the possibility now that other engines will appear in the show too.

The question is, if standard gauge engines appear in the show, would they have a chance to be made by Bachmann being considered "classic engines," or would they be considered "new engines" not worth risking?

Personally, I think if characters like Bear or Wilbert find their way into the show, they should at least be considered. I'd put their priority higher than "new" CGI characters like Paxton and Hiro. I also think it would depend on who appears in the foreseeable future. Right now this is just speculation until Season 19 debuts.

What do you think?

Metal

I would consider the Small Railway Engines new characters, since this is their introductions into to TV Series, as if Duck, or Bill/Ben making debuts in S2.

The only RWS characters I could think of for CGI rendering would have to be Bear and The Culdee Full Engines. I'm not really sure what the writers can really do with Wilbert, he was named after the author, Rev W Awdry, but other then that, he doesn't really seem to be a strong character. :-\

Bear does have strength of personality, and can contribute to the Big Diesels, along with Boco, and Daisy. :)

I'll be honest, 'Mountain Engines' is my favorite RWS book, because of its dark tone, and characterizations, and I would love to see them rendered in CGI. ;D

Say does anyone want to see the Flying Scotsman fully rendered in CGI?  ;)
The CGI Series seems to have it's own separate timeline, and they could say that Flying Scotsman and Gordon are brothers. :P