News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CGI Character Thread

Started by Metal, March 13, 2015, 05:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

The only character in this thread I could see being made is Paxton. The rest especially Hiro, don't seem too likely. Bachmann IMO would fare much better continuing the trend of classics they have been doing. Honestly there aren't that many left. I'm personally hoping for Stepney and Arthur.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Metal

I've been for the classics, and I still am, and there are extremely few left. :)

See,"HOTR" didn't come out until I was in 8th/9th grade, Despite the movie having flaws, I thought the previous writing team was off to a decent start, until they gave up their smooth sailing, with lackluster stories, and annoying characters such as Charile and the Logging Locos.  
With Hiro, I've thought there was a lot of uniqueness to his character. I've developed a huge fondness with him.  Unlike Rosie and Stanley, He has depth to his personality, he's well developed, and is highly popular with fans, even to those outside of Japan.

I also guess my obsession with Hiro, has to be that I'm an avid fan of anime. :P

thomasj219

I would LOVE to have a Hiro model, I just think it's the cost that will rule him  out. You never know though. I was going into 10th when HOTR came out.  ;)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

I think cost to make Hiro is what rules him out in my book too. I think Bachmann will aim for smaller tank engines and diesel engines for awhile.

Metal

Yeah I guess the pricing is something to question. He's like the few, if not the only CGI character, I really want. There's really alot of potential for him. But I'm really happy to see everyone give positive responses over the character. :)  

But there's few characters I can really think of Boco, Daisy, Arthur, Paxton, and Hiro.
Rosie and Stanley are out.  :P

On the other hand, I really can't wait for Oliver.  :D

Moving on now, any other ideas, How about CGI NG characters, like Victor?

AJW98Productions

I guess this makes me a lot younger than most here. Hero Of The Rails didn't come out until September 8th 2009 in the US, and I would've been in the 5th grade at that point...Speaking of movies, I know it's a diversion from the topic at hand, but what are everyone's favorite and why? If going off topic for a little is OK here? Or maybe I should move this to the Everything Thomas Thread?
If I am to give my reasoning though, I'd like to see a Hiro model probably more than any other CGI-exclusive character, but I think I'd like to see Rosie, if only for the sole reason that I like the engine class she's based off and even though it would require heavy modification, I'd love to have a prototype one running on my layout :)
~Alex

Metal

I think when it comes to new characters Bachmann is much better off doing a few CGI characters, then Rosie. I personally don't think she's bad as some say she is, just a missed opportunity, same with Stanley. Rosie's basis is fantastic, same with other S9-12 characters like Molly and Neville, but that doesn't save from being bland, generic, nonexistent characters. Bachmann should look into other characters. Granted, I actually rode on her at the Sacramento Railroad Museum years back. ;)  
The specific member was I was on; Grante Rock Co. 10

Here is Rosie's class just without buffers. :P
Hornby/Rivarossi actually makes the S100 class (SR USA Class in UK) for the non-UK market.
Hope this helps.  :)

I feel that we're drifting a bit far off-topic here.