News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CGI Character Thread

Started by Metal, March 13, 2015, 05:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

I've thought that since the classics choices are becoming much smaller, now would seem like a good time to look into the CGI characters,  I know, Winston is generally mixed, but we've grown fond of several others of them. :) The current team behind the show has brought back old faces, but they also have created likable characters in S17-18. We can shine some light here.

Paxton

Well this character seems to be inevitable, since he can be considered a economical rehash. But we older fans have grown to like him since BMM.  

Hiro

Out of all of the CGI characters this is personally my Number 1 top pick. Since "HOTR" I've enjoyed Hiro as a character as well as his oriental design, he's a very popular character with the older fans. He's had great roles since S17-18. He makes a great association with both the classics and new characters. He's a well-developed character, and would probably be a extraordinary seller, he would probably sell by bucketloads.   ;)

Porter  

Fans from all-around seemed to have grown to like him. Maybe it's his personality or that he's been portrayed realistically since his debut. He would go great with Salty, Cranky Bill/Ben. There's the Brendam Warehouse, so Porter would complete a Dockside layout.
However, my biggest drawback would have to be is that he suffers from being underscale, his buffers literally don't lineup with other trucks.

Example

Stephen

This character, we all have grown to love. He's grounded in actual history, plus his sense of humor is what makes him extremely likeable. He really captures the RWS essence, however he's doesn't have much association with other characters, and he's based in Ulfstead Castle. :P

Marion

OK, OK, I'm highly doubtful this is possible, but I'll say I really adore Marion as a character. She's lively, intelligent, and abit over-the-top. ;)  But like Harvey's crane, her shovel is the obstacle, but if it happens she would make a great addition with Bill/Ben and others.  She is going to make alot of appearances in the future. :o

Throwing some ideas here, so please discuss your thoughts. :)

DoggySporty

I would love to have Stephen!  He's a unique but practical model (I think) and I'd always love another yellow engine.
Even if we don't get another HO friend next year hopefully narrow gauge will :)

Blackfive1994

for NG CGI Characters, Luke would be good. He is a bit of a shy, but gentle character.

Metal

Can you please not quote my post just not to clog up this thread?  :P

Blackfive1994

Take it easy. i'm just replying with my views you know.

thomasj219

He just means don't quote. You don't have to quote in every post you make. It clogs up the board.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

InsideTrack

As we have noted before, it is best not to repeat images because it does slow down the Forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

Bachmann Trains

DoggySporty

Ok, moving on.  What other characters would you guys like to see from CGI?

Blackfive1994

Quote from: DoggySporty on March 16, 2015, 02:11:24 PM
Ok, moving on.  What other characters would you guys like to see in CGI?
Luke would be great for the NG range. He is a shy and sometimes scared and worried, but gentle character.

DoggySporty

I haven't seen Luke in an episode yet unfortunately, but he seems to be a popular character--he even got converted to roll and whistle in the wooden range!

Blackfive1994

Quote from: DoggySporty on March 16, 2015, 03:13:07 PM
I haven't seen Luke in an episode yet unfortunately, but he seems to be a popular character--he even got converted to roll and whistle in the wooden range!
He appeared in Luke's New Friend, The Switch and Duncan the Humbug. and also watch the film Blue Mountain Mystery, the film where he makes his debut.

thomasj219

Blackfive1994, did you understand what I meant? There is no need to quote the post before yours every time you post. Unless it's a substantial distance back from your post we can most definitely figure out what you mean by context or simply looking back a post. And as inside track said it clogs up the board. So please take that into consideration.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

The only new engine I could see myself buying a model of would be Paxton or Hiro. Porter would have to depend if his buffer height was fixed or not. The size of his body in the show makes no sense. The picture you provided shows hows awkward it is, especially with the buffers. Bachmann would have to quite some imagining and artistic license to make him work in OO. If they got him to work though, I would buy Porter.

Metal

It's obvious that Marion would be crossed off the list. I guess Stephen would be off the list too. I agree Sparks with Porter's scaling, it would make it impossible to fit hook-loop couplers, so I guess Porter would be considered out of the question, that is if Arc could fix his render. :-\

So that would bring us down to Paxton and Hiro.

Paxton has become a fleshed out character since BMM. I would be happy to welcome him.
With Hiro, he would make a great addition, and be an undeniable buy. ;)

TrainFan97

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.