News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CGI Character Thread

Started by Metal, March 13, 2015, 05:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergusfan17

Chaz

While I don't see Marion or Stephen happening anytime soon due to their designs, I don't think Timothy will happen yet just because he is still a fairly new character.  I would wait at least a few years to see how he or even someone like Gator were to do in the next two seasons or so from now.  However, I do agree that Paxton and Porter are legitimate possibilities.  Paxton's been discussed numerous times before, but I think Porter would have a good chance depending on how much we see and hear from him next season.  If he does well this upcoming season then I think Porter could work out.  

Besides these two, I think the only other possibilities would be any other classic character who would return in CGI.  For example, if they brought back someone like Daisy or Stepney, then I think their chances will have increased considering the events of Duck and Oliver and when their models were produced/announced.  This is because classic characters generally prove to have the highest demand as well as being popular sellers as proven by the other models Bachmann produced.

As for Hiro, while I do agree that he is one of the biggest icons that the show has created, as well as proving to be very popular in Japan, I think that a Bachmann Hiro would in no doubt be a popular seller and would receive a very positive reaction, almost like what we got when Bachmann announced Skarloey.  However, the only thing that really is stopping me from giving Hiro a green flag is his design.  Hiro is a fairly large engine with a lot of details that Bachmann would have to add on to him which would increase the cost in production as well as sales for when the model comes to hobby stores.  

Remember, models are getting more expensive to produce, not cheaper.  Hiro would have made more sense a few years ago when this was not as apparent, but seeing as how models continue to get more expensive to produce, a Hiro model would easily be worth over 160 dollars at retail.  Even if you order from shops online you would still be paying over 100 dollars for a Bachmann model of Hiro.  As I said, the popularity is there for this character, and I myself would be fondly interested if they did this character, but I think this disadvantage is really what's holding Hiro back from being made.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

Yeah, Timothy is still fairly new, but hopefully, he'll have more great roles this season. If he gets more likeability, that means Bachmann might be able to make him someday. He'll go great with Bill and Ben.

As for Porter, I do see him happening sometime in the future, as long as Bachmann can get around his scaling issues, and make his body high enough for the couplers.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

What about a HO scale Winston? How is this just completely out of the question along with redesigned cattle wagons to the cgi counterparts?

Chaz

I think Winston would be too small to produce in HO, hence why he was made in large scale and not HO.  He would be a much better seller in the large scale market than in HO.

As for a new cattle wagon, I don't see that happening either.  They probably won't make a new one anytime soon since the original has been discontinued for some time, with no real strong demand for it coming back.  Plus it's in the fun with freight set if someone is really bothered to get it, or better yet they can look around on ebay or other shops online for it.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Metal

I think Marion would have potential for LS Range.

Seeing how Rosie and Stanley are now relegated into cameos. It's seems that they're just leftovers from the S9-12 era, there's some characters here that we discussed that have much more potential than Rosie and Stanley. That is, if Rosie and Stanley happen to have bigger roles again, but now I'm kinda doubtful that's gonna happen. :-\

Oh well, there's characters on this thread with strong personalities. :D  

JLK2707

I wonder if the salt wagons and tar tanker wagon would ever just come into cgi. Also, what do you think that the tar tanker wagon would look like in cgi? Also, do you think hit entertainment would do Thomas, Terence and the snow and dirty objects in cgi? Also, should they make an episode where Henry explains about how he got his new shape using his old shape in cgi? Also, has anybody asked hit to do this?

Blackfive1994

Quote from: Nykrivas on April 02, 2015, 01:57:59 AM
I think Marion would have potential for LS Range.

Seeing how Rosie and Stanley are now relegated into cameos. It's seems that they're just leftovers from the S9-12 era, there's some characters here that we discussed that have much more potential than Rosie and Stanley. That is, if Rosie and Stanley happen to have bigger roles again, but now I'm kinda doubtful that's gonna happen. :-\

Oh well, there's characters on this thread with strong personalities. :D  
Stanley had actually spoked in 'Samson at your Service' and hes to have an epsiode based on a space video seen on youtube.

Calebtrain

I think Hiro would not only sell as a good Thomas & Friends character, but from a modelers standpoint, all HO/OO D51's are extremely expensive and fairly rare. There is definitely a demand for an HO/OO model of his class, and I'm sure he'd sell extremely well. :) Plus I love him as a character, and he appears fairly frequently in the newer series.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

JLK2707

Do you ever think Thomas will use models and face masks again?

TrainFan2020

Quote from: JLK2707 on April 04, 2015, 07:39:52 PM
Do you ever think Thomas will use models and face masks again?

Probably not, their probably just in a museum.. XD

Metal

Kato has discontinued their D51 model sadly. :-[ With Hiro as a character, his introduction struck me beyond words. I really can't get over this oriental character. Even though he might cost as much as Rosie and Stanley put together, he would be a far better value-for-money than those two.  ;)

It's kinda perplexing that Rosie and Stanley have a high demand as the classic characters.

Even Winston has more potential for the Bachmann Range than Rosie and Stanley, considering that his roles recently have been either exciting or comical. :P

Cheeky_ULP

I'd say wait until Season 19 and see if any classic characters return. I think if some return, they would be more important than the likes of Rosie or Stanley.

thomasj219

Who says that Rosie and Stanley have the same demand as the classic characters? I don't think that is at all true.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Metal

I've seen a few Twitter feeds about them. However I think Bachmann is much better off making the CGI characters we discussed in this thread. Though, the only ones I could think of are Hiro and Paxton. I personally wouldn't feel any different whether Rosie and Stanley leave the show, especially when looking at these characters in this thread.