Next Sound Fitted Thomas Engine

Started by Blackfive1994, March 14, 2015, 09:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackfive1994

Following the Success of the Sound Fitted Thomas, along with the Sound FItted Thomas set coming out shortly,

Sign this poll to suggest the next thomas & friends engine to recieve sound.

http://strawpoll.me/3867985

DinoNTrains

I would definitely say Percy would be the next one, mostly because he is one of the most popular characters in the series (evidence for this claim comes from the fact that he is often shown with Thomas in many promo images). Plus, since Percy was one of Bachmann's first Thomas and Friends products, that also makes him a likely candidate to be the next sound fitted engine.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

jward

one wonders where you would fit a speaker in percy. there isn't much room in Thomas for one, and percy is even smaller.
adding sound to one of the tender engines would be far more practical.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Blackfive1994

Quote from: jward on March 14, 2015, 01:09:50 PM
one wonders where you would fit a speaker in percy. there isn't much room in Thomas for one, and percy is even smaller.
adding sound to one of the tender engines would be far more practical.

especially Gordon at high speeds.

DoggySporty

If not Percy, maybe Mavis, Diesel, or one of the other smaller engines?  That's just my guess, though.  Maybe G scale Thomas will get the treatment next.

SmokeyNSteamer

I haven't seen videos of the new sound-equipped Thomas or any idea how this is accomplished without DCC (must be the same as Bachmann's Large-Scale non-DCC engines), but another addition IMO is to have the engines "speak" various catch-phrases while in motion, possibly reacting to changes in speed or something.  Just a thought.

Anyway, I agree installing a sound system in the tender is more practical than in a tank engine, although for simplicity's sake I am unsure whether the tender and loco should be permanently coupled or not (permanent coupling does away with the need to connect and disconnect wires between the engine and tender).

Chaz

Percy seems like the most likely candidate to be next with a sound-fitted chip.   Maybe James for 2017 to go along with the possible paint scheme change?  After all, Thomas did have his coupling hooks repainted, so it is possible. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

PaulGWR

I voted for Henry (as he is the next engine that I'll buy) but Percy would be more likely.

Metal

It seems obvious that Percy and James are next in line.