News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Engine/tender connection 4-8-4 Niagara

Started by gem629, March 16, 2015, 06:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem629

While trying to get my tender apart to get at the electronics, some of the wires have come disconnected with the little brown connecters, how do they work, is the wire held in by pressure or are they soldered, wire and connecter seam to small and fragile to solder, any thoughts. Also after getting the tenders ends off of my Niagara I still can't get the board out is there something else I am missing.  GEM

rogertra

Quote from: gem629 on March 16, 2015, 06:55:57 PM
While trying to get my tender apart to get at the electronics, some of the wires have come disconnected with the little brown connecters, how do they work, is the wire held in by pressure or are they soldered, wire and connecter seam to small and fragile to solder, any thoughts. Also after getting the tenders ends off of my Niagara I still can't get the board out is there something else I am missing.  GEM

Not sure how to fix them as I send them to a friend who can repair them for me, my eyesight isn't up to the task but they are way, way too fragile, Bachmann please note.

The old P2K combined tender coupling and electrical connections in one was the best on the market.  These wires suck as they are usually way too long and tend to lift the front of the tender from the tracks.  It really is a very poor design but probably cheap.

Cheers

Roger T.

union pacific 4014