Blue Lightning - E-Z App™ Train Control

Started by austrian, March 17, 2015, 11:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austrian

Please could someone enlighten me on some questions regarding the Blue Lightning - E-Z App™ Train Control as I want to add Santa Fe and Western Pacific FTs to my roster?

1) Are these locos fitted with decoders that only can be controlled using a Bluetooth-supported smart device or are these like the DCC locos that can be run using a DCC command control center or an analogue controller?

2) Is the sound chip and speaker in the loco or is the sound only available on the Bluetooth-supported smart device?

3) "uses new Bluetooth Smart technology that allows you to run trains from up to 100 feet away" - will it work on a layout    with tunnels?

4) "Android version will follow" - does this mean a different loco or a different app? For example if I buy a new smartphone and decide that I want an iphone instead of my android phone will I still be able to run my loco?

Thomas

Bucksco

1. There is a Bluetooth chip mounted on the PC board (instead of a DCC decoder). The software communicates with the Bluetooth chip to control the train. Similar to DCC but a different type of control.
2.Currently the sound will come from the smart device.
3.It will work on a layout with tunnels.
4.Same hardware - different software version (to fit the myriad of Android device screens).

Hunt

austrian

Yardmaster % Hunt, thank you for your fast response!

I think this could work for me, or to be more precise to keep my children interested in running trains with dad (me).

Thomas

jward

do we have an estimated list price for these locomotives yet? and will the Bluetooth decoder be available as a separate item for refitting older locomotives?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hunt

HO FT A Unit diesel with E-Z App Train Control
MSRP - $219.00

Bucksco

At this point in time the Bluetooth board is not available as a separate sale item.