News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SUPER TREES

Started by bsulzbach, March 17, 2015, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsulzbach

HI, I HAVE A LARGE N SCALE LAYOUT AND I WANT TO PURCHACE SUPER TREES FROM SCENIC EXSPRESS, I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE SUPER VALUE CASE BUT BEFORE I DO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS USED THESE TREES AND IS THERE ENOUGH IN THE PACKAGE FOR N SCALE.
THANKS BILL.

skipgear

That depends on how many trees you want on the layout. The Supertrees make very nice trees but the do require a bit of work. The starter kit doesn't come with as many armatures as the refill kit but it does have a nice compliment of tools and things you need to get started. I would say the starter kit has enough to make around 20 trees depending on size and how you prune things.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

bsulzbach

Thanks Tony, I do need a lot of trees my layout is 20ft x 20ft with an 8ft by 8ft free standing section in the middle, i did read that the super value case comes with about 290 trees at a price of 129.00. I was wondering if anyone had purchased this case and used it on there n scale layout and did they get enough trees for the money. all the vidios on you tube about super trees are HO size trees, i figured i could cut and trim them down. but would i still get the full value of the case.
Thanks Bill,

skipgear

Honestly, the tree armatures that come in the kits are closer to N than HO. Most people make their trees much too small. Trees should dwarf the buildings and trains around them.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

bsulzbach

Thanks Tony, I'll start out with the starter kit.