Bachmann DCC Turnouts and NMRA Controllers

Started by cdswindell, April 02, 2008, 10:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdswindell

Mr. Bachmann:

I have a question about your new HO DCC turnouts. I am using several with a NMRA DCC controller (ESU ECoS), and they work fine, once programmed. However, I'd like to reprogram the default turnout action, as you can do with the Bachmann EZ DCC Controller. The ECoS controller shows a graphic of the turnout that includes the "active" switch position. However, for the standard E-Z Command left and right turnouts, the default position, as shown on the ECoS display, corresponds to the "switched" position (curved route active). Using a NMRA controller, is there a way to reprogram the "default" switch position with the E-Z DCC turnouts?

Thanks,

-- Dave

the Bach-man

Dear Dave,
Possibly one of our resident experts will know; in any case I will see what I can find out.
Perhaps contacting ESU as well would be a good idea.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

baflorida

Dave I am a ecos 50200 user with bachmann track as well  were you able to figure out how to use the dcc turnouts and have the ecos find them and allow you to switch them without going with the wired ones?
ben baflorida@aol.com

Len

I believe you'll find instructions on how to change the default switch configurations and displays in section 13 of the Ecos 50200 manual.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.