News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Flying Scot

Started by Big Daddy Rog, March 23, 2015, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Daddy Rog

I have an 80s train set bought at a yard sale. It's a Bachmann set called that Flying Scott. It's a really nice looking set but the engine won't run and someone has taken it apart and broken one of the plastic arms attached to the drive wheels. Anyone know where I could get another engine for this set?  Thanks.

ACY

Your best bet is ebay or train shows/flea markets/estate sales.

Woody Elmore

The Flying Scotsman is British prototype and it's a very old model. You need to find people who can help you with British models. The Flying Scot was popular when it was released - if I remember correctly it was released about the time that the real locomotive was touring North America.

I know little about Bachmann's British line but it is possible that the main and side rods from a newer model might fit.

I assume that Bachmann of England has a site similar to this. Good Luck with your quest.

Anthony P2

i would try ebay. I bought the set second hand as well and it's in great condition. The Flying Scot (different from The Flying Scotsman) was a set made by Bachmann US back in the day. They also made an Orient Express set as well....which I still have yet to get my hand on. the Flying Scot is a Royal Scot class locomotive, maybe a secondhand Bachmann UK Royal Scot class loco from the same era the model was produced might be your best bet.

Big Daddy Rog

Thanks for the info.  I have watched eBay and there have been a couple entire sets come up for sale anywhere from $85 to $100. I just need the engine.  I may give the repairman a call and see what he says. Thanks again everyone.

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.