News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Workbench

Started by Metal, August 29, 2015, 10:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

I'm a 20 year old collage student, metalhead, etc.
I know I've been on the fourm for a while now, and I feel that I wish I could of written most of my posts much better. :-\ I'm literally  starting over.
Recently the last few years of my personal life was a tough ride, losing my dad to cancer, last year, even though we've become more detached during his late life.
Anyway, I've grown up watching Thomas, the classic series, S3-5 being my personal favs. I wasn't fond of the CGI at first, even though I've thought "Hero of the Rails" was adequate. But then, everything after that was when I've really lost interest,  especially that stupid "firebox on fire" sequence. >:(
But when S17 come along I was really surprised on how the show has vastly improved.
With all the classic characters like Boco and Daisy pretty much left to fill the gap of the HO/OO for the classic characters. There are quite a handful of CGI characters that I actually like.

Hiro, Paxton, Marion, Timothy, Ryan,etc
And Bear if he's rendered into CGI.

So this is one of my projects I'm working on.

Clarabel's Brake Compartment
Are there any suggestions for the color?

More projects will be on the way. :)

MrBob

I find Revell 85 brown a good match for Annie/Clarabel, maybe a little touch of orange to lighten it slightly

Metal

I've actually looked it up, but it seems to be only available in the UK. I don't mind importing models, but it's liquids I'm kinda worried about. I live in the US. :-\

MrBob

Should be available Revell is an American company

Edit

it seems the paints i use are from Revell Germany which is still Revell but make different things, so I found out that :

Revell brown 85 is the similar to:

Humbrol 62
Testor 1736
and RAL 8023

ideally going to a model shop that sell paints and checking out the color would be ideal before you buy just incase

or I would happily buy a pot and send it to you

JLK2707

I am just wondering what brand of paint was used for the roof of the Bachmann salt wagon when you painted it to make the whole Close Shave train?

Metal

I didn't think anyone would bring this back. Yes, I'm Nykrivas, but I've changed my name obviously. I'm not sure if I'm having much motivation right now, considering my outside life.  Perhaps when I find a new job, I'll pick it up again.

I would like to request this thread to be deleted please.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Metal on January 15, 2016, 07:12:42 PM
I didn't think anyone would bring this back. Yes, I'm Nykrivas, but I've changed my name obviously. I'm not sure if I'm having much motivation right now, considering my outside life.  Perhaps when I find a new job, I'll pick it up again.

I would like to request this thread to be deleted please.
Hope you're alright, Metal.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow