News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Season 19

Started by TrainFan2020, April 02, 2015, 10:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackfive1994

Quote from: JLK2707 on April 04, 2015, 05:44:18 AM
I just wonder if they would do an episode where Henry explains about how he came to his new shape and used flashbacks of him in his old shape. What do you think? Does this sound possible or is it wishful thinking?
What about season 1 troublesome trucks? Good idea to give it a go or wishful thinking?

JLK2707

Perhaps. I had just never thought of this whatsoever. What's next? Going back to the original model animation?

JLK2707

Do I just have to contact hit entertainment directly to suggest ideas for future specials/episodes/movies?

Blackfive1994

Quote from: JLK2707 on April 05, 2015, 04:42:06 AM
Do I just have to contact hit entertainment directly to suggest ideas for future specials/episodes/movies?
Try Arc too, but they would not accept unsolicated ideas.

JLK2707

Okay. Thanks for the reply, but have you ever tried to contact them with episode ideas?

Blackfive1994

TrainFan2020

In my opinion, these are the possible characters to return in S19:

-Donald and Douglas

-Rosie (Speaking Role)

-Boco??

MeganekkoFury1126

Quote from: DoggySporty on April 03, 2015, 10:38:23 PM
Sometimes I feel like Edward and Toby fall into the category of "not much you can do with," since it is true that being old and wise is only entertaining for so long.  Of course, that would be the excuse of a poor writer, since a writer's job is to be creative and not rely on the go-to cliches.

I guess it depends. We did see in The Adventure Begins that Edward did have flaws, but they were ones we could find acceptable, and honestly, they are ones that could be used for an episode or two. Toby, too in this case.

I could honestly see an Edward or Toby episode that could do any of these things:
1) The character tries his best to solve a problem but overthinks it with no progress, then finds an ingenious solution. This was done to a degree in Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party.
2) The character's kindness is not in the right direction and realizes that the not so kind way is the right way.
3) Interacting with a character with flaws they haven't exactly dealt with before. I for one think that this is where Molly could be used. She is a shy character, and well, I can't really think of a time when a wise engine has dealt with a shy character before. Arrogant, reckless, inexperienced, and troublesome - yes, but not shy.

There's also still plenty of potential to use classic characters that haven't really interacted with one another before. I can honestly imagine a good episode with Oliver and Diesel in the focus, as well as Daisy and Mavis. Not to mention a roadway episode is one that could be a breathe of fresh air. I will agree with Chaz that some ideas have to be more than just an unusual character choices to work with one another, though, and it is important to look into the episode more thoroughly if they want it to work with these certain characters.

Blackfive1994

yeah like Toby had trouble with Mavis when she first arrived because of her headstrong ideas. So have an episode where Toby ends up with a problem at Ffarquhar Quarry that only Mavis knows the solution to and not him.

TrainFan2020

Quote from: Blackfive1994 on April 06, 2015, 02:20:30 PM
yeah like Toby had trouble with Mavis when she first arrived because of her headstrong ideas. So have an episode where Toby ends up with a problem at Ffarquhar Quarry that only Mavis knows the solution to and not him.

Idk if they would do an episode like that. I could see them have Toby and mavis working together, until some problems occur at the quarry.

DoggySporty

Quote from: MeganekkoFury1126 on April 06, 2015, 02:17:40 PM

I will agree with Chaz that some ideas have to be more than just an unusual character choices to work with one another, though, and it is important to look into the episode more thoroughly if they want it to work with these certain characters.

I think everyone feels that way.  That's just how story telling works.

JLK2707

Exactly! Does it also just sound plausible for Henry to be in his old shape permanently (as if the flying kipper crash never happened) whilst the current Henry model is scrapped or would kids not understand whatsoever?

Chaz

Quote from: JLK2707 on April 07, 2015, 09:46:13 PM
Exactly! Does it also just sound plausible for Henry to be in his old shape permanently (as if the flying kipper crash never happened) whilst the current Henry model is scrapped or would kids not understand whatsoever?

They are not changing Henry's shape back to his former shape.  Henry's current shape is by far more iconic than the older design, and I can't see that changing or getting "scrapped" anytime soon.  We didn't even see his old shape in the Adventure Begins, and I think that is saying something about the possibility of them going back to the old shape, even for a flashback.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

Sorry for that. I understand. It's also quite unlikely they'll do Gordon green too.

JLK2707

What else I would like to just suggest about Henry's current shape is basically modifying the windows a little bit to make them look more like a literal black 5 rather than them having the windows on the front of his cab being obscured by the belpaire firebox.