News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

freight car replacement trucks

Started by Karl S, April 03, 2015, 12:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl S

I purchased a used freight car that doesn't have the original Bachmann trucks. What is the standard truck that comes with a new Bachmann freight car?

the Bach-man

Dear Karl,
Generally, it's Item No. 29901.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Len

Why are these trucks listed in the regular 'On-Line Store', but not the 'Parts Store'?

If you go to the parts store, which is where most people will look for trucks, and search on "Freight Trucks", all you get is the HO modern trucks. The On30 Arch Bar trucks don't show up at all.

In fact it looks like all On30 freight trucks are in the regular catalog listing and only the passenger trucks show up in the parts store.

Now wonder people are people are always asking about parts, when so many of them aren't in the on-line parts listing.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

John Tumolo

Go easy on Bachmann-remember that they sell a BUNCH of different pieces of rolling stock and locomotives in FOUR different scales, and their primary business is selling us the whole thing, not pieces.  They are kind enough to offer us bits and pieces as they become available, and we just have to be patient and wait.  Hey, I've been waiting for two years for an On30 cab from either a 2-4-4-2 or a 2-6-6-2, and they still don't even list parts for them yet.  Just keep checking back..........

John Tumolo   Britcarfan@aol.com

ebtnut

I believe the reason the trucks are in the store is because Bachmann markets them separately in the hobby shops.  They are therefore market items.  The repair parts are just that - for repair - and not marketed separately.

ardennes

My apologies for what maybe a hijacking of this thread, but can anyone tell me which piece of rolling stock comes with truck part number 29903, "Long Wheelbase Arch Bar Freight Trucks"?  Thanks in advance.
Jim

Jimbo

Long wheelbase trucks are used on the locomotive tenders.

ardennes

Jimbo,
Thanks for the response.  I suspected this was the case, but since none of my Bachmann On30 engines have a tender I wasn't certain.
Thanks again and best regards,
Jim