News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale layouts

Started by buehlerr44, April 08, 2015, 01:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buehlerr44

Can anyone give me an N-scale layout that fits in a space 2.5' by 5' Including pieces needed etc. would help a lot. I am confused right now. >:(

Hunt

By type and quantity,  how many pieces of N track do you now have? Is it Bachmann E-Z Track or another brand?

buehlerr44

I have a good supply of straight and curved E-Z track with two #4 right turnouts and 2 #4 left. I would like to add some crossings. I also have two DCC engines and the control system that goes with it.

Joe Satnik

B44,

Given your space restriction and list of track pieces, I'd guess you want to build a combined oval and Figure-8.

This would need a DCC auto-reverser and insulated rail joiners to work.

Start building it on the AnyRail.com track CAD program.

Free download for first 50 track pieces, and fun to learn and use.

https://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html 

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Hunt

buehlerr44,
Click Here --- Look through these layout plans. They are not designed to use Bachmann E-Z Track but if you see one you like perhaps the track plan can be altered to use E-Z Track.

Joe Satnik

Wow, nice find, Hunt. 

Tons of ideas...

Scroll down to the 2.5' x 5' section...  and... voila,  there they are..

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Hunt

Quote from: Joe Satnik on April 08, 2015, 10:29:37 PM
Wow, nice find, Hunt. 

Tons of ideas...

Joe, have had that source for a long time.

Hunt

buehlerr44,

If you have not already done so, setup a temporary layout and thoroughly test the performance of all the Bachmann turnouts you have.