News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Crane Car and Boom Tender Parts Diagram

Started by Ckrails, April 12, 2015, 09:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ckrails

Does anyone have a parts diagram for the Crane Car & boom Tender, #401438?  I acquired this second hand and believe some parts may be missing since I can't adjust the crane (missing knobs I think) and it won't lock onto the car (probably a missing round table).  Thanks!

electrical whiz kid

CK:
Which car(s) are you talking about?  There have been a few different manufacturers of crane cars; Tichy, Athearn, AHM, et al; to name a few.
Rich SGT C.

Ckrails

Hi Rich, I'm asking about the Bachmann model.  Thanks!

electrical whiz kid

It is my belief that Bachmann would have that breakdown sheet.  They would be the ones I would go to first.
Rich
SGT C.

Ckrails

Emailed Bachmann, no such luck.  Only parts available are the knobs that raise and lower the boom/hook.  Guess it's time to exercise some creativity and get out the styrene...

Ckrails

If anyone is curious (probably not):

-  I ordered the knobs from Bachmann, $0.75 per knob plus shipping (still cheaper than buying a junker on ebay);

-  I cut the bottom off of a suitably size pill bottle, cut a hole in the center, painted it black and glued it onto the chassis to use as the turntable.  Works pretty good too.

electrical whiz kid

CTRAILS;
Not to knock Bachmann or any other mfr; they wouldn't be here if there weren't great models; but for my money, take a look at the Tichy crane and boom car.  I know; assembly of the car will probably separate the "men from the boys" but it isn't as daunting as it looks, if you stay organized, read the directions until you understand them (as they can be a little vague); but boy, they really do work up into a fine model!  I have three (couldn't help myself after the second one).  Take a gander at Don's site, and you will see what I am talking about.
And just to keep me in Senor Bachmann's good graces, they market the finest plastic steam I have ever seen!!!!! 
RIch SGT C.