News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 3 truck Shay

Started by mickeykelley, April 19, 2015, 12:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

Just got my new 3 truck Shay Oregon Lumber.  I think some things might be missing.  The instructions diagrams (8.5 by 11 sheets of paper) talk about both a coal and oil bunker, but all I got was the oil.  It also shows 3 different stacks but I only got one.  There was also no color brochure like I have received with all my other Spectrum engines which told about the engine, history, etc.  There is a dvd.  When I got my 'new' second generation Climax, it came with both bunkers and several smoke stacks.  I also did not get an extra drop coupler for matching up to the existing Bachmann side dump and log cars.  My original 2 truck Shay had that.  So the question is, before I even take it out of the box, what accessories should it have come with?

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Mickey,

As I recall what you got is correct for the Oregon Lumber Company. Only the undecorated models come with all the extra stacks & bunkers.  I am assuming you bought it new in a sealed box.  Not sure about the drop coupler.

Enjoy,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

That makes sense as the climax was an undecorated version. I did not realize that but now I know for future.