This is what happens when you run your trains outside on Venus!

Started by altterrain, November 02, 2007, 01:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

:o  Oh the horror!!!!!!!! :o

something from eBay (possibly a victim of the recent California wildfires)

-Brian
President of

Tom Lapointe

Quote(possibly a victim of the recent California wildfires)

...Either that, or someone's really been doing some "kit-bashing!" :o ;D                                                                 

Tom

kennywsp4

Funny thing is that is not the first heat warped train like that i have seen on e-bay.

japasha

I had something similar happen like this to my Converted Bachmann Gas-electric. I was going to show Lee Riley my work when I left the model in the back of my car. Seems the heat caused a plastic semi-meltdown. The guys gave me a kit to replace it.  This is not covered under lifetime warranty, either.  My rebuilt Gas-electric runs very well but I do not leave it in the back seat of my car on a hot day.

What was the guy asking for the 2-4-2 remains?

altterrain

The minimum bid was around $25. There were no takers. I bet it has been or will be relisted.

-Brian
President of

foureyes

OK guys, what do I have to do to see the pictures?  Never seen a one >:(

altterrain

Quote from: foureyes on November 14, 2007, 05:21:55 PM
OK guys, what do I have to do to see the pictures?  Never seen a one >:(

Its probably a problem with your internet security program (McAfee, Norton, etc. ). I used to have that problem sometimes with McAfee and would need to turn off my Privacy Security (not firewall) temporarily to see any pictures from Imageshak or Imagedeposit. What happens if you right click on the picture icon (or little red X), copy image location and then paste it into a new browser window/tab?

-Brian
President of

glennk28

A "Salvidore Dali Train"--I brought such a Bachmann set to the attention of a shop owner in San Juan Bautista CA several years age.  The set, in the factory box, was displayed in the show window of the shop. This is a needed warning:DO NOT DISPLAY ANY PLASTIC TRAINS IN A "WINDOW" PACKAGE IN A WINDOW SUBJECT TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT!!!.  I have seen several such disasters, and made a bit trying to replace those that were no longer factory replaceable. (Think an 80's Lionel Blue Comet tender)